Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Red Rover - West Wellow
Employer : Red Rover - West Wellow
Location : Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 6BW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Catering and Professional Chefs - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-31523
Vacancy Short Description : Greene King Locals are looking for an Apprentice Chef with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, to join their team at the Red Rover- West Wellow.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you’ll gain professional qualifications from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’re qualified.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 25 hours pw including evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £168.00
Application Deadline Date : 05/02/2018
Possible Start Date : 12/02/2018
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : • Earn while your learn in a job you can be passionate about
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Receive support throughout your apprenticeship
• Gain additional skills through enhanced learning opportunities
• Enjoy fantastic career opportunities
Be part of a fun and exciting brand!
Things to consider : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week
The map below shows the employer's location