Job Title : Nursery Apprentice
Employer : Snapdragons Day Nursery - Bath
Location : Bath, Gloucestershire, BA1 6AX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-31982
Vacancy Short Description : We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our friendly team at our Grosvenor Place nursery. The nursery is registered for 128 children between the ages of 0 - 5 years and opens from 7.30am - 6.30pm daily, 51 weeks of the year.
Snapdragons are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment
Vacancy Full Description : Your mission is to provide exceptional early years care in a safe, nurturing and fulfilling environment whilst inspiring children to unlock their full potential through key skills and values which will establish them as gifted citizens of the world.
• Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility, contributing positively to the development of the team environment.
• Work within the EYFS principles, adhere to and positively promote Snapdragons Nurseries policies and procedures.
• Treat each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
• Observe each child’s progress and report on interests and achievements, looking for progression and continuity.
• Share information about children’s achievements and play with room staff.
• Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside agencies.
• Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor), at rest and at mealtimes.
• Interact with children in an appropriate and structured way.
• Play alongside and with children to support their play.
• Under the guidance of the room leader, and following the guidelines of the EYFS framework and nursery policy, assist with lanning activities.
• Offer ideas and suggestions about activities and opportunities for children’s play.
• Under the guidance of the room leader, assist with the creation of an enabling and attractive environment.
• Learn how to set up resources and activities in a way that is stimulating and excitingly presented for children.
• Ensure that the play area is clean and tidy at all times.
• Strictly adhere to the agreed nursery behaviour management policy and procedures, promoting positive behaviour at all times.
• Ensure that the designated member of staff for safeguarding or manager, is aware of any incidents affecting the welfare of the children in your care.
• Commit to developing and maintaining a multicultural, anti-racist, non-sexist environment respecting the children’s individual differences and diversity.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30-40 hours a week - Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £155.40
Application Deadline Date : 29/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/06/2019
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position
Training to be Provided : Advanced Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location