Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Mama Bears - Bradley Stoke - Great Parks
Location : Bristol, Somerset, BS32 4RU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Children and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-32068
Vacancy Short Description : If you are looking to enter into a career in childcare then an apprenticeship with Mama Bear’s Day Nursery and Pre-school could be for you.
Vacancy Full Description : As an Apprentice you will be trained to undertake the same responsibilities as an Early Years Practitioner (Nursery Nurse).
- You will work as part of a team planning, monitoring and evaluating activities for children from birth to approximately five years of age.
- You will be responsible for the care and education of the children in the room within a key person structure
- Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times is essential
- You will work to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework.
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery.
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of the team.
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children.
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play.
- To never be left unsupervised with the children
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- To contribute/complete children’s observations and records when required.
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40.00 hours per week, monday - friday
Weekly Wage : £140.00
Application Deadline Date : 12/02/2018
Possible Start Date : 19/02/2018
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
• Functional Skills in English
• Functional Skills in Maths
Other Information : ‘ The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)’.
Things to consider : You do not need any previous experience to apply to work as an apprentice
Because of the nature of this job it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location