Job Title : Sophie's Touch - Le Loft - Penzance
Employer : Sophie's Touch - Le Loft
Location : Cornwall, TR20 8HX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Catering and Professional Chefs - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-32077
Vacancy Short Description : Preparation and development of a range of Mediterranean- and Provençal-style produce. Management and preparation of frozen, fresh, dried and preserved ingredients. Management of prepared stock and records. Assisting at food fairs and farmers’ markets.
Qualifications Required : None.
Vacancy Full Description : - Join a growing Med. Style food production business
- Contribute to all stages of the production process, from sourcing the ingredients to selling produce
- Gain good knowledge of produce in view of promoting / marketing produce / business at a range of venues
- Manage / prepare fresh / frozen / dried / preserved ingredients
- Manage / prepare glassware / packaging
- Prepare specific items of produce following recipes / instructions
- Package produce
- Maintain / manage stock / production / admin records
- Manage stock room
- Restock outlet shelves
- Assist with / attend marketing events / selling venues
- Deal with customers / retailers
- Assist with maintenance of kitchen garden
- Comply with / ensure maintenance of high standards of hygiene / cleanliness for all kitchen related areas / equipments
- Comply with acceptable personal hygiene / appearance
- Adhere to business’ policies and procedures
- Comply to Health and Safety policies
- Participate in staff meetings / trainings as and when applicable
- Take on any other duties which post holder may reasonably be expected to perform
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £105.00
Application Deadline Date : 12/02/2018
Possible Start Date : 12/02/2018
Personal Qualities : Honesty, Reliability, Creative, Independence. Attention to detail. High standard of personal hygiene. Willingness to learn.
Skills Required : Dexterity, basic maths and English, ability to follow instructions, common sense.
Future Prospects : On going training and development
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Licensed Retail.
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Longrock is on a main bus route, so travel should not be a problem.
Things to consider : Weekly Wage
Initial starting wage will be £3.50 p.h, rising to £3.75 after satisfactory completion of the first month, further rises to £4.00 and £4.50 after satisfactory completion of 3 and 6 months training.
Initially, 9.30 – 4.30 with 1 hour for lunch (6hrs) on weekdays (Mon-Fri). After 6 months training, there would be opportunities for increased hours (early start!) by assisting at markets.
The map below shows the employer's location