Job Title : Sophie's Touch - Le Loft - Penzance
Employer : Sophie's Touch - Le Loft
Location : Cornwall, TR20 8HX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-32077
Vacancy Short Description : Preparation and development of a range of Mediterranean- and Provençal-style produce. Management and preparation of frozen, fresh, dried and preserved ingredients. Management of prepared stock and records. Assisting at food fairs and farmers’ markets.
Qualifications Required : None.
Vacancy Full Description : - Join a growing Med. Style food production business
- Contribute to all stages of the production process, from sourcing the ingredients to selling produce
- Gain good knowledge of produce in view of promoting / marketing produce / business at a range of venues
- Manage / prepare fresh / frozen / dried / preserved ingredients
- Manage / prepare glassware / packaging
- Prepare specific items of produce following recipes / instructions
- Package produce
- Maintain / manage stock / production / admin records
- Manage stock room
- Restock outlet shelves
- Assist with / attend marketing events / selling venues
- Deal with customers / retailers
- Assist with maintenance of kitchen garden
- Comply with / ensure maintenance of high standards of hygiene / cleanliness for all kitchen related areas / equipments
- Comply with acceptable personal hygiene / appearance
- Adhere to business’ policies and procedures
- Comply to Health and Safety policies
- Participate in staff meetings / trainings as and when applicable
- Take on any other duties which post holder may reasonably be expected to perform
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline Date : 28/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/02/2019
Personal Qualities : Honesty, Reliability, Creative, Independence. Attention to detail. High standard of personal hygiene. Willingness to learn.
Skills Required : Dexterity, basic maths and English, ability to follow instructions, common sense.
Future Prospects : On going training and development
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Licensed Retail.
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Longrock is on a main bus route, so travel should not be a problem.
Things to consider : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Initially, 9.30 – 4.30 with 1 hour for lunch (6hrs) on weekdays (Mon-Fri). After 6 months training, there would be opportunities for increased hours (early start!) by assisting at markets.
The map below shows the employer's location