Job Title : Apprentice Support Worker - Sherwood
Employer : Eden Futures - Rotherham
Location : Rotherham, Nottinghamshire, S60 2PB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-33538
Vacancy Short Description : We’re looking for Apprentice Support Workers to join our team in Rotherham, on their exciting journey to provide the kindest possible support to our service users at Eden Futures.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : Job Purpose
To provide support to individuals in order to enable them to achieve as much independence and autonomy as possible and participate in a wide range of experiences of their choosing.
Support and Care:
Support individuals to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs. Get to know people as individuals, what is important to them, how they want to be supported and what they want to achieve. Have a flexible and innovative approach to facilitating and supporting the people who use our service in decision making, promoting choice and involvement at all times.
• Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible.
• Provide individuals with emotional support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs.
• Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community.
• Support individuals in achieving their outcomes in the way that they choose.
• Support individuals to maintain and extend an appropriate circle of support (friends, family etc.) in accordance with their wishes.
• Support individuals to manage their finances responsibly as required in accordance with safeguarding procedures, support plans and risk assessments in line with the organisation policies and procedures.
• Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required in accordance with safeguarding procedures, support plans and risk assessments in line with the organisation policies and procedures and following any other relevant guidance provided by health professionals. In registered services, NICE guidelines will also apply.
• Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment appropriate to their needs.
Number of Positions Available : 8
Working Week : 35 hours per week - shift work MAY INCLUDE NIGHTS.
Weekly Wage : £227.50
Application Deadline Date : 10/04/2018
Possible Start Date : 17/04/2018
Personal Qualities : • Be able to support people practically in their day to day lives by supporting them to access their community
• Be able to meet physical demands and personal care needs of the role.
• Have an understanding of the issues people with a disability may face.
• Enjoy listening to and talking to people and providing emotional support.
• Have an understanding of the importance of promoting independence.
• Be aware of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
• Be able to work as part of a team, as well as using your own initiative, including the ability to lone work.
• Have an understanding of the implications of Health and Safety practice within the workplace.
Skills Required : This is a supported living role which means you will be visiting people in their homes. Eden Futures offers person-centred, independent living options across the whole care pathway – including outreach support to access the community, various supported living options and supporting those with complex physical, learning or mental health needs and developmental disorders.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development, following completion of successful apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour (£3.70 an hour on April 1st, 2018). This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.50 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early. You may not be working in just one site, and that site may be different to the postcode on this advert.
The map below shows the employer's location