Job Title : Activity Leadership Apprentice
Employer : Daventry Leisure Centre
Location : Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 4FP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-34518
Vacancy Short Description : Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Daventry Leisure Centre are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2!
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Daventry Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
90% of your time will be working in the leisure/wet-side of the centre. The other 10% will be based in the gym, in order for the apprentice to complete the fitness side of the Apprenticeship.
Your duties will include:
- Your role will mainly be based around the pool doing LIFEGUARDING
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Ensuring the centre is always clean and tidy
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Setting up/dismantling and storing away activity equipment sefetly
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification, Fitness Instructing Certificate and Leisure Operations Level 2 (Included in the Activity Leadership)
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 30/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/10/2019
Personal Qualities : Working well in a team
Strong interest in the Sports and Leisure industry
Skills Required : Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time position
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location