Job Title : Food and Beverage Apprenticeship
Employer : Spelthorne Leisure Centre
Location : Staines, London, TW18 1AJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-34910
Vacancy Short Description : Everyone Active have a great opportunity for you to become a Food and Beverage Assistant within their Leisure Centre café. You will be working towards a Level 2 in Food and Beverage Service and your training will be provided by Lifetime Training.
Vacancy Full Description : The purpose of this role with Everyone Active is to assist in providing a professional level of customer service in the daily operation of the Leisure Centre Catering facilities, ensuring that this service is delivered in accordance with quality assurance and specifications, legislation and standards of Yes Dining.
You will be required to serve at the counter and to assist with food preparation and cooking. Your main duties will include, but not limited to;
• establish and maintain good relationships with customers
• ensure customers are served quickly and efficiently
• be accountable for cash handling
• ensure the counter area is kept presentable, clean and well stocked using stock rotation procedures
• to ‘up-sell’ in a customer focus manner
• assist in ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout the Catering areas
• prepare salads and vegetables
• prepare filled sandwiches and baguettes etc…
• cook a selection of basic food dishes ensuring correct portion control is maintained
• prepare a selection of party foods (hot &cold)
• to fully understand and implement hygiene legislation governing the preparation, handling and storage of food and drinks
• to replenish and stock all vending machines
• ensure the vending machines are kept presentable, clean and well stocked using stock rotation procedures
• to clean vending machines as per cleaning schedule or as directed
• to deal with all customer queries relating to vending service
• to be responsible for vending machine keys
You will also be;
responsible for the care, proper use and cleaning of all equipment within the department used during the course of your daily duties responsible for the implementation of Statutory and company Hygiene and Health & Safety.
You will be responsible for the completion of any documentation as required e.g. temperature logs, vending transfers, cleaning rotas etc….
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 29/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Skills Required : Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location