Job Title : Apprentice Recreation Assistant
Employer : Places for People - Romsey Rapids
Location : Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8AF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Activity Leadership - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-35109
Vacancy Short Description : To support and contribute to the company’s mission statement – ‘To create active places and healthy people’. To ensure the comfort and safety of all users of the Centre.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : 1. To comply with the Centre’s Health and Safety procedures at all times.
2. To assist with first aid when required.
3. To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner, delivering outstanding service
4. To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately.
5. To carry out scheduled cleaning duties, as per the site cleaning plan.
6. To carry out reactive cleaning as and when required.
7. To wear the prescribed staff uniform at all times.
8. To carry out patrols of the Centre.
9. To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
10. To ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
11. To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
12. To assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the Centre.
13. To maintain any suggested training requirements.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £174.00
Application Deadline Date : 27/06/2018
Possible Start Date : 05/07/2018
Skills Required : Good Communication Skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location