Job Title : Kitchen Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Childbase - Woodberry Day Nursery - Winchmore Hill
Location : London, London, N21 1LE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-35118
Vacancy Short Description : If you are committed to the wellbeing of children and helping them to thrive and get the best start in life, this opportunity with Woodberry Day Nursery is ideal for you.
Qualifications Required : GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
Vacancy Full Description : Are you looking to start your career in a rewarding environment? If so kick start your career with Childbase!
Fun is an essential ingredient in our nurseries where the care and education opportunities for each and every child are as extraordinary as the staff who provide them.
• To contribute to the provision of a quality nursery service by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen area.
• To work as a member of a team providing a quality nursery service.
• To maintain cleanliness of crockery, cutlery and utensils, electrical equipment, surfaces and floors, cupboards, drawers and storage.
• To honour, where required, special requests parents may require.
• To ensure visitors are warmly greeted.
• To work as a team with staff members, giving support where required.
• To ensure procedures are followed in the defined manner.
The attached would be delivered alongside the following CPD units from the Early Years Educator –
• Health, safety and security procedures in early years settings
• Safeguarding children in early years settings
• Understanding child development
• Working in partnership with parents and others in early years settings
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours a week - Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £208.13
Application Deadline Date : 13/06/2018
Possible Start Date : 20/06/2018
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in hospitality and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development will be provided by Childcare to develop your skills to progress your career.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : • To adhere to the company dress code at all times.
• To attend staff reviews where performance, time keeping and sickness levels are monitored.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location