Job Title : Social Care Worker Apprentice
Employer : Choice Care Group - Abbeyfield Lodge - Fleet
Location : Guildford, London, GU52 6AE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-36061
Vacancy Short Description : Do you enjoying helping people and making a positive impact in their lives? Are you caring, reliable and passionate? If you feel you have these unique qualities, we would love you to join our team.
An apprenticeship with Choice Care Group will be not only a meaningful, active and rewarding job, but a possible new career as well and the opportunity to work with a fun, dedicated team.
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required and full training given.
Vacancy Full Description : Choice Care Group is looking to appoint a Health and Social Care Apprentice to work in one of our homes. The successful candidate will work towards achieving QCF Level 2 Health & Social Care.
Applicants should be at least 16 years old and not in full time education. By the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have gained new skills and experience.
If you’re new to adult social care, then an Apprenticeship is one of the best ways to get into the sector and start your career. You’ll work alongside experienced staff and learn the skills and knowledge required for you to be a skilled and confident worker.
As an Apprentice you will be supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health disorders and complex needs in a residential care environment, providing a high standard of care and support.
• Deliver high quality personal care following the care plan and individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort and dignity of each resident
• Delivery of care that it is of high quality and maintains the dignity and well-being of residents
• Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice and consent and uphold these basic rights at all times
• Contribute to the individualised person centred care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations
• Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with all company policy and procedures whilst at work
• Carry out responsibilities for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours Shifts
Weekly Wage : £262.50
Application Deadline Date : 06/08/2018
Possible Start Date : 13/08/2018
Personal Qualities : Good communication skills are essential.
Have a positive attitude
Have adaptability and flexibility
To be professional at all times
Be able to work as part of a team
Skills Required : It is essential to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Benefits
• Tailored industry training
• 28 days paid holiday each year
• Wages paid at National Minimum Wage rather than National Apprenticeship Wage
• A mouth-watering 33% off across ALL of our business for you and up to 5 friends
• Discounts off High St retailers
• Option to opt into some of our share schemes (e.g. Free Share Plan)
• Pension scheme
• A cycle to work scheme
• Flexible shifts
Things to consider : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The map below shows the employer's location