Job Title : Apprentice Playworker
Employer : New Forest Childcare - Blackfield
Location : Southampton, Hampshire, SO45 1XA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-36064
Vacancy Short Description : An Apprentice play worker is responsible for assisting in running daily educational or recreational activities and ensuring that children are safe and happy during their visit. They will work as part of the team and will support the Manager and their colleagues in ensuring the good management of the club.
Qualifications Required : None
Vacancy Full Description : An Apprentice play worker will be proactive in helping to maintain the club according to the current legislation and meet Ofsted standards and good practice guidelines. They will assist in planning activities programmes, promotion of the club within the community, implementing policies and running activities at the club. NFCC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment.
In the absence of the Manager, the Apprentice play worker will support the Senior in charge in their management role.
• Help to devise enjoyable child centred activities, ensuring that all activities are safe and correctly supervised in line with NFCC policy
• Prepare the rooms for the scheduled activities every day, following the planning prepared.
• Ensure on arrival any EYFS updates are carried out while no children are present.
• Ensure all key tasks are completed at the required times
• Ensure any collected children are signed in.
• Oversee/assist children during refreshment and activity time.
• Ensure that at the end of each session all resources are tided and stored away, leaving the building clean and tidy.
• Participate in both indoor and outdoor activities.
• Ensure that you adhere to the child protection, health & safety and equal opportunities policies.
• Liaise with the Manager on any issues of health & safety and ensure that immediate action is taken of there if there is a child protection issue.
• Ensure that the accident book contains the relevant information and that Parents/Guardians/Carers sign the appropriate notification form.
• Participate in staff planning meetings at regular intervals where necessary.
• To work in a positive and problem solving manner with the Manager.
• To clean and tidy and supervise during all operations in regard to the service.
• Participate in the planning and curriculum according to local government guidance and best practice.
• Follow all NFCC policies and procedures to a high standard.
• Ensure respect and common courtesy is shown at all times to all who attend or work within the service and the general public as a representative of the service.
• Carry out any other reasonable duty to ensure the smooth running of the service.
This list is not exhaustive, merely a guide.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours a week - Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £92.50
Application Deadline Date : 20/08/2018
Possible Start Date : 27/08/2018
Personal Qualities : Happy demeanour, friendly, polite and motivated
Skills Required : Reading, writing and communication
You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your qualification.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in children and young people workforce
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : Outdoors play in all weathers, team work, studying
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location