Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Manor Farm - Castle Bromwich
Employer : Manor Farm - Castle Bromwich
Location : Castle Bromwich, West Midlands, B35 7AG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-36067
Vacancy Short Description : Farmhouse Inns have some of the most welcoming, fun-filled, family friendly pubs in the country. We’re looking for a Chef Apprentice to join their team at Manor Farm - Castle Bromwich who’s enthusiastic and passionate about delivering an amazing service to customers.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Farmhouse Inns provide a vast range of tasty pub favourites as well as a traditional daily carvery with a fantastic choice of fresh vegetables and succulent roasted joints of meat. Their generous, eye catching cakes are regarded as their unique selling point, displayed in cabinets in the centre of their business to create a real talking point for customers.
Farmhouse Inns aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages, including a distraction zone for children to keep them occupied. They aim to be the first choice for families. You’ll find personal touches throughout their pubs and in everything they do.
The teams at Farmhouse Inns are the people who make their pubs so special, creating the warm and friendly atmosphere they’re renowned for. Farmhouse Inns are passionate about developing the skills of their people. That’s why they’re offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an apprenticeship through 12month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Farmhouse Inns’ career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, as part of Greene King, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Your daily duties will include:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hrs p/w + Incl. Evenings & Weekends
Weekly Wage : £177.00
Application Deadline Date : 03/09/2018
Possible Start Date : 10/09/2018
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths Functional Skills in English Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location