Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Employer : Childbase - Edwalton Day Nursery - Nottingham
Location : Nottingham, London, NG12 4DB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-36069
Vacancy Short Description : If you are committed to the wellbeing of children and helping them to thrive and get the best start in life, this opportunity with Edwalton Day Nursery is ideal for you.
Vacancy Full Description : Are you looking to start your career in a rewarding environment? If so kick start your career with Childbase!
Fun is an essential ingredient in our nurseries where the care and education opportunities for each and every child are as extraordinary as the staff who provide them.
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery.
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of the team.
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children.
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play.
- To never be left unsupervised with the children
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- To contribute/complete children’s observations and records when required.
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
We are now in the process of recruiting a passionate and dedicated Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join our fantastic team.
You will be joining the nursery to complete your apprenticeship for a period of 12-15 months, whereby you will then have the opportunity to apply for any suitable roles that Childbase may have within your local area.
As an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner you will be studying for a work-based qualification whilst you are with us and the nursery will support you with the experience required to achieve this.
You will be contracted to work 37.5 hours per week to ensure you receive the best possible support.
As you will be providing outstanding care to the next generation, this role does require you to hold Grades A-C in English and Maths or equivalent. You will be allocated time out of the rooms each week to complete your computer based learning as part of the Qualification.
Duties will include
1) Observe and monitor children's play activities.
2) Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
3) Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
4) Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
5) Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
6) Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
We are looking for someone with a passion for wanting to work with Children so if this sounds like you please apply on the link below.
Childbase is an equal opportunities employer who is committed to promoting the welfare and safety of our children. All successful applications will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS/ CRB check.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 37.5 hours a week - Monday-Friday
Weekly Wage : £208.13
Application Deadline Date : 20/08/2018
Possible Start Date : 27/08/2018
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position
Training to be Provided : Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Learning and Childcare
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location