Job Title : Bar and Waiting Apprentice - Masons Arms - Mayfair
Employer : Masons Arms - Mayfair
Location : Mayfair, London, W1S 1PY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-36999
Vacancy Short Description : Greene King Locals are looking for an individual with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, to join their team as a Bar and Waiting Apprentice!
Qualifications Required : • No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Serve food at the table
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% of meals at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Weekly Wage : £225.00
Application Deadline Date : 08/08/2018
Possible Start Date : 15/08/2018
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths Functional Skills in English Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location