Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Munchkins Day Nursery - Exeter
Location : Exeter, Devon, EX2 4EW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-37000
Vacancy Short Description : Due to an increase in numbers an exciting opportunity has become available at Munchkins Day Nursery in Exeter, recently judged outstanding by Ofsted. This is an apprentice position to train towards a full and relevant early years and childcare qualification at Level 3. The team are looking for a committed individual who is keen to train while gaining vital experience within a nursery setting. You will play a growing role within the nursery environment, helping to create a warm and welcoming surrounding, where every child is cared for and nurtured in their early development.
Vacancy Full Description : Purpose of POST:
1. To be trained to undertake same responsibilities as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children attending the Nursery
2. To contribute to a high quality environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual interaction and group activities.
Key Areas of Work:
1. To work with the children
2. To attend training
3. To complete all assignments set
4. To be part of a team
5. To attend associated training
6. To liaise with mentor
Nursery Manager/Deputy/Mentor/ Senior Nursery Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completing assignments on time and attending meetings with training provider.
2. To attend team meetings and inputting ideas.
3. Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
4. To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
5. To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
6. To be aware of the Nursery’s confidentiality policy.
7. To ensure the Nursery is a high quality environment meeting the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and varying stages of development.
8. To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold high standards at all times.
9. To actively promote and support the Safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace.
1. Support all staff and communicate positively promoting effective team work.
2. To attend ALL out of work hours activities e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party etc.
1. Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the Nursery.
2. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s senior Nursery Nurse.
3. The trainees duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the Nursery’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
4. Look upon the Nursery as a “whole” where your help can be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children.
5. To respect the confidentiality of information received.
6. To ensure the Nursery is a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development using the most current curriculum guidance.
7. To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
8. To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures.
9. To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the Nursery.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 40 hours Monday - Friday
Weekly Wage : £148.00
Application Deadline Date : 08/10/2018
Possible Start Date : 15/10/2018
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working with children and be able to work well in a team.
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : Continue with the company and complete further qualifications
Training to be Provided : Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Learning and Childcare
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location