Job Title : The Pret Apprenticeship - Hospitality Team Member Apprentice
Employer : Pret A Manger - London - Canary Wharf
Location : London, London, E14 4QS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-37007
Vacancy Short Description : Grow, Evolve and Excel into management on the Pret Apprenticeship, taking you from Team Member, to Manager… and beyond!
Your journey on the Pret Apprenticeship will build your confidence and develop your life skills, whilst preparing you as a future manager in Pret. The Pret Apprenticeship provides in-depth training, coaching and support to develop you from a Team Member in a shop, learning about our ‘best-in class’ customer service, preparing high-quality food, being an excellent team player, and developing your knowledge of Pret and the wider hospitality industry, through to leadership and management of your own Pret shop and team. As your confidence grows, so will your skills and progression!
Qualifications Required : At Pret our values are very important and so we recruit on behaviours instead of qualifications. There are no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required.
Vacancy Full Description : Here’s why you should join:
- Start your career with a brilliant team to support you every step of the way
- Receive nationally recognised apprenticeship training whilst in your permanent role
- Become an expert on providing ‘best in class’ customer service, recognised throughout the sector
- Experience our enhanced programme attending special ‘aPreticeship Experience Days,’ seeing you explore coffee roasteries or getting involved in London Tech Week and World Environment Day, becoming a sustainable and digital champion of the future
- Be part of a community of apprentices, all supporting each other and having fun!
And most importantly, you’ll be joining the Pret family where we have fun and look after each other, with plenty of ‘Joy of Pret’ social events and activities on offer throughout the year, including summer and Christmas parties!
Whether you prefer food preparation in the kitchen or coffee-making as a Barista front of house there will be two routes for you to choose from, helping you to specialise in a role that suits your passion and promotes you into a Key Role within your first year
As a brilliant barista you’ll learn about customer service and coffee skills
As a food production pro you’ll learn about food preparation and safety in the kitchen.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
At Pret our values are very important and we recruit based on qualities instead of qualifications. There is no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required. We are looking for apprentices who share, live and breathe our values:
- Happy Teams and Happy Customers
- Amazing Standards Every Day
- Never Standing Still
- Doing The right Thing
If you aspire to these values and can show us why they are important to you, that’s a great start to being part of Team Pret!
To be eligible for the programme you must be able to commit at least 13 months to the Apprenticeship, 35 hours per week, with the right to work in the UK.
The Pret Apprenticeship:
- Grow as a Team Member: Immerse yourself in the workplace on a hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Programme. You’ll also attend five Experience Days and complete a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard.
- You’ll get to choose your pathway, depending on whether you prefer food preparation in the kitchen or coffee-making as a Barista front of house. You’ll learn about customer service and coffee skills, or food production and safety in the kitchen, helping you to specialise in a role that suits your passion and promotes you into a Key Role within your first year.
You can step on or off the programme annually, upon graduation. This means you can develop your career with Pret at your own pace. If you have the motivation and passion, there is opportunity to develop an excellent career in hospitality and management at Pret.
- We pay between £8.00 and £8.25 per hour (depending on your location); a salary equivalent of £14,500 - £15,000 depending on your location
An additional weekly bonus of £1 per hour based on mystery shopper results (after initial 12 week induction)
- Outstanding training and development (access to Level 2, 3, 4, 5 and Degree level apprenticeship programmes, designed to support your career development from Team Member to Manager of your own Pret shop)
- Weekly pay and paid breaks
- Free lunch when working (and a 50% discount in Pret shops when you’re not)
- Support with travel expenses on public transport (after initial 12 week induction)
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- Apprentice Extra card with student discount rates
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Pret pension scheme
- Regular team events and parties
- £100 cash rewards for wowing our customers
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : You will be expected to work some early mornings, late finishes and weekends.
Weekly Wage : £288.75
Application Deadline Date : 08/08/2018
Possible Start Date : 15/08/2018
Personal Qualities : Business sense
Customer focused, competitor aware and ability to maximise business opportunity
Drive, enthusiasm and pride
Open to change
Flexible, keen to learn and positive
Developmental, supportive and challenging
Skills Required : Clear Communication
Clear, appropriate and effective listening
Helpful, sociable and respectful
High standards, well planned and efficient
Future Prospects : Years 2-3
- Evolve as a Leader: You will step up to take on supervisory responsibility in a Pret shop, growing your leadership skills as well as confidence and knowledge of the business. You will complete a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship as well as have access to enhanced learning through Pret’s Training Academy and Experience Days
- Apprentices have the opportunity to take on supervisory responsibility in a Pret shop, by completing a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Standard growing your leadership skills, as well as confidence and knowledge of the business.
Year 4 onwards
- You will have the opportunity to become a Pret Shop Manager, whilst completing a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship Standard. You can then, if motivated and identified as accelerating talent, have the opportunity to complete up to a BA Business Management Undergraduate Degree at a recognised UK University, fully funded by Pret.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member L2
Functional Skills in Maths and English
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : You will be expected to work some weekends, evenings and early mornings (from 6am in some shifts)
The map below shows the employer's location