Job Title : Lifeguarding Apprentice
Employer : Royston Leisure Centre
Location : Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 7XT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Activity Leadership - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-37717
Vacancy Short Description : Looking for a career as a Lifeguard? Royston Leisure Centre are looking for keen swimmers to join their team as an apprentice Lifeguard.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required. Ideally you should be NPLQ qualified, although full training will be provided!
Vacancy Full Description : Royston Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as an Leisure Assistant Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Leisure Operations!
What will the role involve?
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operation & Leisure Management Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Effective communication with other team members
• Equipment setups safely and on time
• Maintenance of company standards at all times
• Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
• Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
• Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
• Assist in reception and booking duties as required.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you can complete the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 40 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £282.80
Application Deadline Date : 30/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/10/2019
Personal Qualities : An interest in leisure is essential as is the ability to be flexible in working hours as you will be required to work evenings and weekends.
Skills Required : STRONG SWIMMING SKILLS
Training to be Provided : Leisure Operations & Leisure Management Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (if applicable)
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location