Job Title : Care Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Care UK - Norfolk House - Weybridge
Location : Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8HQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-37825
Vacancy Short Description : Are you a compassionate and caring individual with a can-do attitude? Care UK have a fantastic opportunity for a Care Assistant Apprentice.
Qualifications Required : You do not need to have any prior qualifications
Vacancy Full Description : - Where you'll work
Norfolk House is a welcoming care home, located in the town of Weybridge.
Our friendly, experienced team provides residential, nursing and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also offer supportive and sensitive end of life care.
We get to know each resident on a one-to-one basis, so that we can make their care programme as individual as they are. We offer residents a choice in everything that we do and we build strong relationships with each person, their family and their friends.
Every month we hold a relaxed meeting with residents and their relatives, to discuss how we can make improvements to day-to-day life at Norfolk House . It's a great opportunity for everyone to share their ideas and make suggestions about things like our menu.
- About You
You don’t need any prior experience. What you do need is core values suited to working in a care environment. You’re a compassionate, can-do person looking to start a career as a carer. You know how important it is to treat people as individuals. You’re keen to earn while you learn, gaining new skills, experiences, without going to college and taking on debt. You want to progress quickly with the opportunity to explore exciting career options with a supportive employer.
Your Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
The Care UK apprenticeship programme begins with a 12-week induction. This combines practical training with e-learning to give you the basic skills you’ll need. Once you’ve completed this, you’ll start on the job. Working as part of a friendly, close-knit care team, you’ll learn how to provide high quality care to residents in a safe manner. At the same time, we’ll give you the support you need to make a success of your apprenticeship. You’ll attend regular training workshops and you’ll have a mentor to encourage and support you.
• Deliver high quality personal care following the care plan and individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort and dignity of each resident
• Adhere to the local Safeguarding policy, incorporating the Duty of Candour requirements
• Deliver of care that it is of high quality and maintains the dignity and well-being of residents
• Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice and consent and uphold these basic rights at all times
• Contribute to the individualised person centered care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations
• Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with all company policy and procedures whilst at work
• Carry out responsibilities for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty
• In consultation with the residents/families offer support to maintain the resident’s room, clothing and property in order
• Establish professional working relationships with the residents as well as their families and friends, to provide a safe and reassuring environment
• Work collaboratively within the team to promote a healthy, professional and friendly atmosphere for all residents as well as their families and friends
• Support new residents and their families and friends in orientation of the home environment
• Maintain communication and working relationships with healthcare professionals in the home
• Be professional, courteous and transparent in your communication
• Assist and actively encourage the social care and the well-being of residents
• Escort residents out of the home when required for appointments etc. following completion of a risk assessment by the registered nurse
• Attend opportunities for personal training and development to meet CareUK and the apprenticeship programme requirements
• Commit to and complete the requirements of the apprenticeship
• Complete any other reasonable task requested by the Clinical Lead or Home Manager which is within your competence
• To assist the resident with any personal care required (i.e help toileting, changing pads, washing etc).
• Assisting at meal times.
• Helping residents to get up in the morning and to bed in the evenings. (This may include hoisting. Training will be given).
• Offering companionship and keeping the residents company throughout the day.
• Updating and reviewing any care plans.
• Liaising with Senior Carers and Team Leaders.
• Escalating and issues or concerns to Senior Carers and Team Leaders.
• Ensure that residents are safeguarded effectively.
• Ensure the residents safety at all times.
• Manual handling.
• Team work and Relationship Building.
As an apprentice at Care UK, you can look forward to:
Full-time 12-month apprenticeship (minimum 30 hours per week)
Competitive pay – we pay the National Living Wage
High quality 12-week induction
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
Option to apply for Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (if successful at Level 2)
Opportunity to work towards a nursing or management role
Thousands of online and in-store discounts
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week - shift work
Weekly Wage : £297.00
Application Deadline Date : 30/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/05/2019
Personal Qualities : Compassionate
Skills Required : You will not need any previous experience, however you do need to be passionate about starting a career as a carer.
Future Prospects : On going training and development following successful completion of your apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Care Work
Functional Skills Maths
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location