Job Title : Food & Beverage Hospitality Apprentice
Employer : Jurys Inn - Oxford
Location : Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 8AL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-37967
Vacancy Short Description : We are recruiting for an Apprentice Food & Beverage Assistant to join our Food & Beverage team!
Qualifications Required : Full training to be provided on the job
Vacancy Full Description : We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who is eager to learn and in return you will receive on job training, support and development which will allow you to progress in our group.
You will be part of a fun and diverse team working together to provide great hospitality and excellent service in the restaurant, bar, room service and conference departments. Our high standards allow us to make our guests have a ‘Stay Happy’ experience.
The Role -
• To serve food and drinks at the correct standard and following company procedures.
• To provide excellent customer service such as advice on menu items, wait times and/or allergy information.
• To be visible in the hotel to ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to in a timely manner and in accordance to company standards.
• Improve the guest experience through up-selling, using incentives and promotions to inform them of Food & Beverage options.
• To keep all areas clean and tidy at all times following company standards and processes.
• To manage and own guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
• Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out correctly.
• To participate and get involved in training to ensure that you are skilled in your role and to maximise your potential
Apprenticeship Programme Benefits -
• Work a minimum of 30 hours whilst earning the national minimum wage for your age group.
• Achieve a Nationally Recognised Standard.
• Benefit from Coaching and Mentoring from Industry Professionals.
• Enhance your career prospects.
We expect you to -
• Be flexible and work different shift patterns that will allow you to be involved in all aspects of the operation including Saturday and Sundays – we do not operate split shifts and you will be given 2 days off each week.
• Behave and adopt our high standards in terms of behaviour, personal presentation and workplace cleanliness.
• Be a team player and interact and communicate with the hotel team in addition to our hotel guests ensuring they feel welcome and appreciated.
What you can expect from us -
• Varied and interesting work where no two days are the same!
• Flexible working hours with no split shifts.
• Working with individuals who are positive, willing, friendly, genuine and consistent who want you to succeed!
• A great company culture! Employee Satisfaction is over 80%.
• Reward and recognition of employees including birthdays, staff parties and long service awards
• Discounts on stays in hotels in the Group including 50% off Food in the hotel you are visiting
• Discounted rates for Family and Friends on hotels in the group.
• The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of its culture.
• Uniform and meals on duty are also provided.
• Monthly engagement activities - we think having fun at work is important!
• Annual Charity Event which supports the company charity as well as local communities.
• Job specific Development Programmes to support you to be the best you can be.
• Happy Rewards – earn Happy Reward Points that can be redeemed on gifts that suit you.
• 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (or time off in lieu), increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days per annum.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week including shifts on the evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £126.00
Application Deadline Date : 07/09/2018
Possible Start Date : 14/09/2018
Personal Qualities : Have excellent self presentation.
Skills Required : • Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• A good work ethic and helping others in the team.
• Being able to multi-task and prioritise work.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development will be provided by Jurys Inn to develop your skills to progress your career.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location