Job Title : Activity Leadership Apprenticeship
Employer : Vale Farm Leisure Centre - Wembley
Location : North Wembley, London, HA0 3HG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-38361
Vacancy Short Description : Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Everyone Active are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2!
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
You will also work towards your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing (Which is included in the Activity Leadership Level 2)
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
- To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
- To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
- You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification, Fitness Instructing Certificate (Included in the Activity Leadership)
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 29/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Personal Qualities : Working well in a team
Skills Required : Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their course.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time position
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location