Job Title : Apprentice Support Worker - Booth Centre - Southampton
Employer : Salvation Army - Booth Centre - Southampton
Location : Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 3DL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-38882
Vacancy Short Description : To work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will assist you in your apprenticeship and secure employment and progress in your future career.
To assist in the development and delivery of support which promotes client choice, control and addresses client support needs.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To use information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
• To achieve performance review targets, as agreed by the Line Manager.
• To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, performance reviews, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
• To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
• To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
• To carry out all responsibilities and duties within the framework of the Organisations Equal Opportunities Policy.
• To undertake other duties as required from time to time in keeping with the general responsibilities given above
Our Core Values
All our work is based on Christian principles. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our core values of:-
Number of Positions Available : 1
Weekly Wage : £229.45
Application Deadline Date : 12/10/2018
Possible Start Date : 19/10/2018
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
Positive attitude towards learning and work.
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location