Job Title : Apprentice Support Worker - Booth Centre - Southampton
Employer : Salvation Army - Booth Centre - Southampton
Location : Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 3DL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-38882
Vacancy Short Description : To work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will assist you in your apprenticeship and secure employment and progress in your future career.
To assist in the development and delivery of support which promotes client choice, control and addresses client support needs.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : The role of Support Worker with The Salvation Army is an inspirational one and key to achieving successful outcomes for our vulnerable clients. As a motivated and dynamic Support Worker you will be responsible for developing and delivering a high quality programme of support which promotes client choice and control. You will address client support needs, enable them to achieve positive life changes and ultimately empower them to lead more sustainable lifestyles.
The work of the Homelessness Services Unit is underpinned by our Strategic Mission Plan. In this document we have set out to ensure that our programmes encourage purpose and relationships, a sense of community and provide support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and work within the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army acting in a professional and ethical way at all times when representing the organisation.
- Respect the diversity of other people’s culture, faith and practice.
- Carry out any client checks, planning and risk assessments as needed.
- Facilitate client meetings and other client participation methods
- Ensure locally established internal and contractual KPIs are achieved.
- Conduct regular client support plan reviews within contractual timeframes and ensure clients achieve their identified goals in accordance with Salvation Army policy.
- Ensure good communication with Assistant Support Workers, volunteers and other staff working with clients so they are aware of and involved in addressing the needs of clients as defined by their support plans.
- Support and develop volunteers, this may include on the job training, mentoring and day to day monitoring of allocated tasks
- Stay up to date with and work within regulations, policy, procedures and best practice in all fields relevant to work areas.
Our Core Values
All our work is based on Christian principles. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our core values of:-
Number of Positions Available : 1
Weekly Wage : £229.45
Application Deadline Date : 03/12/2018
Possible Start Date : 10/12/2018
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
Positive attitude and a high level of motivation towards supporting vulnerable clients to achieve focussed and positive life outcomes.
Smart, professional, business-appropriate appearance at all times
Ability to work in busy environment, be solution focused, show good time management skills and can demonstrate ability to prioritise and make decisions under pressure
A passion for transforming the lives of people experiencing homelessness
Work shifts, unsociable hours, weekend work – flexible approach to hours worked as required
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship.
Good team working skills
Good verbal and written communication skills
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location