Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Silver Cross - Whitehall
Employer : Silver Cross - Whitehall
Location : Whitehall, London, SW1A 2BX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-38895
Vacancy Short Description : Greene King Locals are looking for an Apprentice Chef with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, to join their team at the Silver Cross in Whitehall.
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required however due to the nature of the role and the equipment you will be using all applicants must be 18+
Vacancy Full Description : Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12 month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Your duties will include:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours per week (including Evenings & Weekends)
Weekly Wage : £240.00
Application Deadline Date : 26/10/2018
Possible Start Date : 02/11/2018
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent service
• Team player who is reliable, honest and able to use initiative
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location