Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Woodbridge School
Employer : Woodbridge School - Woodbridge
Location : Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 4JH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-38897
Vacancy Short Description : As an Apprentice Chef, you will assist, learn and develop under the guidance of the Chefs and Sous Chefs to skilfully produce a variety of good quality food dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation.
Qualifications Required : Maths GCSE A – E (or equivalent) • English Language GCSE A – E (or equivalent)
Vacancy Full Description : Your day to day duties will include:
• To learn all key food preparation skills
• Assist in all aspects of food preparation, as well as maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in compliance with regulations
• Work safely around the kitchen equipment
• Assist with preparation and cooking of vegetables, salads, sweets, butchery, and sauces and other general kitchen duties
• You will be required to work well as part of a team and you must be prepared to take direction & guidance from senior members of the kitchen team
• Serving good food to a variety of customers: pupils, residents, staff and external visitors
• Undertake any reasonable request made by a senior member of the team
• Attend external meetings or training courses as required General responsibilities
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Hours 5 days out of 7, Rotas Monday to Sunday, including some evenings/weekends - 1 hour lunch break
Weekly Wage : £144.30
Application Deadline Date : 17/12/2018
Possible Start Date : 24/12/2018
Personal Qualities : • Customer focused and committed to customer satisfaction
• Committed to safeguarding
• Access to transport (as some evenings/weekend working is required)
• Able to use own initiative when undertaking tasks.
• Good level of verbal and written skills.
Skills Required : • Well organised; able to multi task
• Evidence of strong team working skills
• Flexibility; able to work in a flexible way throughout the year, including evenings and weekends
• Strong desire to develop and willingness to learn
• Enthusiasm with a true passion for food
Future Prospects : Subject to positions being vacant the apprentice will either be offered a permanent contract or helped with further progression in their career elsewhere.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member - Food Production
Functional skills Maths, English and ICT
Other Information : This role is specifically open to individuals who are experiencing barriers to gaining employment or continuing their education. Please be open about this in applications as these candidates will be given priority.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The placement will be at Woodbridge School but there may be occasional opportunities to work in the kitchens at Seckford Foundation Free Schools.
Transport limitations will be considered when looking at these opportunities.
The map below shows the employer's location