Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Tiggers Day Nursery
Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1ES
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-40042
Vacancy Short Description : Do you want to start a career in childcare? An exciting opportunity has opened up at Tiggers Nurseries. You will work alongside other members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment to encourage children to learn.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : What is the purpose of the job?
To provide the highest level of care and education for children attending the nursery. Whilst you are gaining hands on experience in a high quality childcare setting you will be working towards recognised childcare qualifications.
• Ensuring that the children’s individual needs are identified and met. You will be expected to promote positive relationships between the children and will be expected to develop friendly and professional relationships with parents and carers.
• You will also be expected to be a positive, practical role model for the children, whilst supervising and supporting them at all times. You will ensure that the children are kept safe and that you fully understand and follow Safeguarding Procedures.
• Your duties will be dependent on your level of qualification but they will also include a wide range of interactive tasks, including setting up activities for the children, reading stories, playing games, helping at meal times, assisting with nappy changing and toileting and any other duties as necessary, along with joining in with play and creative activities, as this will be an important part of the role.
• You will also help to ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• You will adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures and be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 40hours Shifts TBC
Weekly Wage : £156.00
Application Deadline Date : 29/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Personal Qualities : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship
Skills Required : Any experience with working or caring for children is great!
You will need to be able to work in a team and independently
Future Prospects : To gain full time employment once the apprenticeship has been completed and possibly complete further education.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location