Job Title : Apprentice Customer Experience Leader
Employer : McDonald's - Redhill - 108 Horley Road - 1206
Location : Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5AA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-41898
Vacancy Short Description : Driven by a desire to continuously improve the customers’ experience, this important role finds you at the heart of our business – in our customer dining areas. Your primary responsibilities are to welcome our customers into the restaurant and to use your initiative to help create ‘feel-good moments’ during their visit. Never one to accept less than the best, you will work closely with the restaurant management team to suggest improvements to our customer service experience, using all of your training and skills.
As an employee of McDonald’s you will have access to a wide range of benefits including; Holiday Pay, Free Lunch, Child Care Vouchers, and many more! To see the full list, please follow this link: https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/restaurant-opportunities/customer-experience-leader/
Qualifications Required : None required.
Vacancy Full Description : Wages: £9.25 per hour
As a Customer Experience Leader, having the ability to build rapport with others in a genuine and natural way is key for this role. You are able to lift the mood of those around you and can inspire others to look for ways to improve their own performance. You are naturally receptive to the needs of others and are always looking for new ways to exceed expectations and delight customers. You are always respectful, even when under pressure, and are able to confidently suggest ways to improve.
Working as part of a fast-moving, high energy team, you will be instrumental in delivering an exceptional service to all of our customers.
Your job role will involve:
• Deliver outstanding hospitality, giving our customers a memorable experience so that they leave happy
• Assist customers on their journey, confidently leading them through their restaurant experience so it is stress free and easy, making us stand out from our competitors
• Be committed to the individual needs and wants of our customers so they want to visit again
• Support the restaurant to develop and implement ways to improve customer satisfaction to keep each visit special
• Lead hospitality by example through demonstrating expected behaviours and proactively anticipating customer needs
• Create a great impression using positive and confident body language so you are approachable to our customers
• Encourage customers to use Digital Kiosks and Table Service in a way that benefits them to help enhance their experience
• Handle difficult situations/conversions in a confident manner, while maintaining positive customer relations to ensure a resolution
• Take responsibility for own development in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and grow
• Seek to identify ways to make it simple, easy, enjoyable for our customers so they can continue to focus on what is important to them
• Actively look for ways to make feel good moments for our customers to exceed and enhance the customer’s overall experience
• Be able to speak knowledgeably and confidently to our customers about the business to keep them informed
• Elevate customer focus across the team by using data to drive improvements to enable us to grow and develop
• Become an expert in customer recovery and delivery so they come back and see us
• Always put the customers’ needs first to keep them at the heart of everything you do
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 30-40 hours per week, shift work including early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
Weekly Wage : £277.50
Application Deadline Date : 29/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/06/2019
Personal Qualities : “I am the person who is always smiling, I am at ease with people.”
• As a CEL, you should have a confident and extrovert personality, which shines through everything you do. Being genuine and skilled in ensuring customers feel welcome and at home when they visit.
• You should have a customer obsessed mentality – always putting the needs of the customer first.
• You should always be professional, leading by example.
• Being self-aware, self-starting and having initiative and problem solving skills to ensure total customer satisfaction every time will put you in good stead.
Skills Required : • Excellent communication skills
• Bags of confidence
• Ability and willingness to deliver outstanding Customer Service
Future Prospects : Career progression to management, and further.
Training to be Provided : Customer Services Practitioner L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage from 1st April 2019 for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. McDonald’s choose to pay apprentices above the minimum rate – please see our wage brackets in the description above.
Things to consider : • When working in a McDonald's restaurant, you will have to do a large amount of regular tasks, which follow set procedures but you must remember to bring your personality to all that you do.
• Whilst you will have a schedule which includes a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends, you might also be asked to work additional hours outside of this at short notice.
The map below shows the employer's location