Job Title : Community BMX Coach - Bristol
Employer : Access Sport - Bristol
Location : Bristol, Gloucestershire, BS3 0HE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-42552
Vacancy Short Description : The Royal Foundation have launched Coach Core, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport.
Qualifications Required : You do not have to have previous experience of coaching the sport as full training and support will be given.
Vacancy Full Description : Based with Access Sport’s team in Bristol, the Community Activator Coach Apprentice will assist in the delivery of Access Sport’s BMX Legacy Programme and Ignite Programme in Bristol. This is an exciting opportunity for a sports enthusiast to gain practical experience in sports coaching and development. The role will be based in Bristol with travel across the city.
Those who demonstrate commitment and a will to want to better themselves in this sports coaching programme will then be offered 14-18 month employment working and training for 30 hours a week on Coach Core beginning February 2019. You will work towards your Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship L2.
Coach Core Benefits
·Achieve qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
·Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
·Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
·An opportunity to meet new people of a similar age, have fun, become a role model and give something back to the community.
·The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship
In July 2012, The Royal Foundation launched Coach Core; a new, innovative and exciting sports coaching apprenticeship targeting young people who wish to gain further education and employment in sport. Since then, apprentices in cities across the UK have been able to enjoy an intensive but incredible opportunity to become educated and employed for 14 - 18 months with some of the biggest sports providers and clubs in the industry.
With a full support team in place, apprentices have thrived both with their professional and personal development as we look to enhance the lives and opportunities for all Coach Core students from the first day to the last.
Successful applicants will be involved in a paid full-time sports coaching training programme to support your development and prepare you for future employment. At the end of the 14 - 18 months, you will leave with recognised qualifications, new skills, knowledge and a wealth of experience working as a trainee sports coach plus the opportunity to attend events unique to this programme.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Working on part of Access Sport’s Bristol team, assisting the Development Managers and British Cycling Go-Ride Coach to deliver upon a defined set of targets.
• Assist local community club coaches and the British Cycling Go-Ride Coach in delivering BMX cycling sessions to local schools, SEN schools, Pupil Referral Units, local disability groups and at events.
• Take the lead delivering sessions with small groups as directed
• Assist in maintaining health and safety at all times
• Following club development guidelines as described in our Development Manual to support the Development Managers in engaging and empowering local community clubs to effectively engage hard to reach, at risk and disabled young people from disadvantaged areas in Bristol.
• Help to inspire young people to engage in sport and lead healthy active lifestyles.
• Assist in assessing, recording and reporting on participant’s progress and development including collecting registers and uploading participant information online.
• Attend Access Sport team meetings.
• Shadow the BMX Development Manager and Ignite Club Development Manager at meetings with clubs and other partners of the programme.
• Carry out administrative duties and support the team with reporting.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline Date : 12/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 19/03/2019
Personal Qualities : N/A
Skills Required : Candidates must be enthusiastic about wanting to work within their chosen coaching area and be committed to the 14 - 18 month apprenticeship.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications
Training to be Provided : Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship L2
Key Skill in Application of Number Level 1
Key Skill in Communication Level 1
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Workbook (ERR)
Personal learning and thinking skills
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location