Job Title : Commis Chef - Castle - Gipsy Moth
Employer : Gipsy Moth - London
Location : London, London, SE10 9BL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-42561
Vacancy Short Description : If you have no previous experience but bags of passion for cooking, our commis chef apprenticeship will give you your moment to shine!
You don’t need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
Our Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship is for the budding chefs of the future, who want to develop their skills and knowledge of the industry through paid work in our businesses, alongside academy lessons taught by award winning chefs for 2 days of every month.
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto higher level apprenticeships to progress your career. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : Outside the academy, you’ll join a close-knit team in a business near to your home, meaning you’ll get the family feel from day one. You’ll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs, where you will work as a team to serve up great food in a fun, friendly atmosphere. By supporting the running of our kitchens, you’ll be creating some amazing moments and making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
• Learn how to create dishes using the correct methods, getting every dish right
• Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
• Ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
• Bring a huge appetite for learning
• Bring energy and enjoyment
• Be part of great team moments
• Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
• An individual learning plan tailored to your needs
• 2 days per month of hands on food skill tutoring taught at our academy in Harborne/Didsbury
• 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
• A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
• Enrichment events to put your skills learnt in business into practise
• Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
• 30 hours paid work every week
• A gala dinner when you pass!
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
16-17 years old - £4.20 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.90 an hour
21+ years old - £7.38 an hour
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hrs + p/w Incl. Evenings, Weekends & Bank Holidays
Weekly Wage : £126.00
Application Deadline Date : 08/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/04/2019
Personal Qualities : o Passion –An interest in food certainly helps
o Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
o Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
o Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
Skills Required : None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Apprenticeship Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
• Instant Cineworld tickets for £5.50
• 10% discount at Costa and Cafe Nero
• 10% discount at Topshop.
• Refer a friend and receive up to 1k!
• 33% meals at any M&B sites (+5 guests – Use as often as you like)
• Pension scheme
• Dental plan
• Become a shareholder (after 1 year employment)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• A range of benefits are available by registering at www.pickaperk.co.uk (Register with employee ID)
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
Things to consider : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The map below shows the employer's location