Job Title : Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Tiddlywinks Nursery - Birmingham
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B31 3LE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Children and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-43151
Vacancy Short Description : If you are committed to the wellbeing of children and helping them to thrive and get the best start in life, this opportunity with Tiddlywinks Nursery is ideal for you.
Qualifications Required : No specific qualifications required (Maths & English at level 4 would be desirable, however training can be provided while doing the apprenticeship).
Vacancy Full Description : The Apprentice Nursery Assistant will be expected to:
1) Be trained in the role of a Nursery practitioner, working alongside supportive and professional staff in a team with the aim to gain a childcare qualification.
2) Learn how to deliver an exciting play environment, with regards to well being of yourself and that of every child.
3) To help in the process of providing a safe and learning environment where children love to come and learn something every day.
4) Adhere to safeguarding and child protection and be trained to level 3 paediatric first aid.
5) To work in a team supporting other students and supporting other personnel in the nursery.
6) Understand and uphold legislation and health & safety issues for the good of individual children and setting users.
7) Liaise with Parent's and Carer's, sharing information about their child's development.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 30 hours a week: Monday - Friday
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 25/03/2019
Personal Qualities : - Be professional, polite and positive in all verbal and non-verbal interactions with staff, parents and children at all times.
- The candidate should be able to work in a team.
- Be patient with young children.
- Willing to learn new and complex skills in supporting some children with additional needs (training will be provided and you will not be left alone at any time).
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship!
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time position.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Children & Young Peoples Workforce Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Tiddlywinks is a sole trader - so the candidate will only work at this setting. It would be desirable if you had minimal travel to get to the setting.
We are also able to take on a candidate looking to do their level 3 in Childcare.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : Tiddlywinks is a progressive setting with 3 Ofsted outstanding inspections. We play and learn outside in all weather except fog & ice.
We have a good bus route and the Northfield train station is a 15 minute walk.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location