Job Title : Apprentice Administrator
Employer : East London NHS Foundation Trust - Head Office
Location : London, London, E1 8DE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-43153
Vacancy Short Description : To provide an effective and efficient administrative and clerical service to the Legal Affairs Department. This includes; database entry, photocopying, scanning, diary management and taking telephone messages.
Qualifications Required : Minimum of GCSE English grade C (or equivalent)
Minimum of GCSE Maths grade C (or equivalent)
Minimum of GCSE ICT grade C (or equivalent)
Vacancy Full Description : You will be expected to work flexibly within the administrative team and contribute to the smooth functioning of the systems underpinning service to service users.
1. To ensure that all incoming post is date-stamped and distributed to the appropriate persons and that out-going mail is sorted according to internal, external departments and relevant agencies.
2. To take and promptly pass on accurate notes and information, exercising independent judgement and discretion when handling, monitoring and filtering calls within data protection, customer care and confidentiality guidelines.
3. To ensure that calls from anxious and distressed service/users, patients and carers are dealt with appropriately and referred to the correct system internally.
4. To co-ordinate and oversee room bookings and report any problems as appropriate.
5. To type correspondence and minutes when required
6. To enter basic information onto the Trust’s Datix database for the management of Claims and Inquests.
7. To maintain office filing systems and ensure information relating to service users is accessible to relevant staff, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
8. To maintain a standard filing system ensuring that the filing of patient notes, correspondence, questionnaires etc are kept up to date in line with record keeping policies.
9. To photocopy medical records for legal proceedings, with due regard to record keeping policies and Data Protection Act.
10. To ensure there is an adequate supply of all forms and adequate stationery supplies, letterheads, information leaflets, etc available for colleagues and service users.
11. To undertake general office duties including: scanning, photocopying, collating and binding of documents, filing, faxing etc as required.
12. To provide administrative support to the department.
13. To ensure that office equipment is maintained and reported for repair as necessary and that the office is kept clean and tidy at all times.
14. To receive regular one to one and team supervision from the Legal Services Officer.
15. As a member of the Legal Affairs Department, to work flexibly in order that essential priority tasks are covered and dealt with.
16. To use information technology for a range of purposes.
17. To report to the Legal Services Officer any issues that are of concern relating to health and safety of the building.
18. To have excellent verbal, written and communication skills
19. To induct new staff to filing and administration systems
20. To have the ability to remain calm and sensitive in difficult and stressful situations
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon- Fri 37.5 hours
Weekly Wage : £348.00
Application Deadline Date : 04/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 11/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Polite and Friendly
Skills Required : Excellent telephone skills
Future Prospects : On-going training and development, following completion of successful apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Business Admin Level 3 apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location