Job Title : Bar and Waiting Apprentice - Vintage Inns - Dick Hudsons - Bingley
Employer : Dick Hudsons - Bingley
Location : Bingley, North Yorkshire, BD16 3BA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-44143
Vacancy Short Description : With pubs, bars and restaurants across the UK, Mitchells & Butlers has apprenticeships as tasty as the food we serve. Every moment is a chance to prove yourself with plenty of room for progression. So, whether it’s the ‘perfect carve’ moment in Toby Carvery, ‘made a family smile’ moment in Harvester or a team moment, join us and love every moment.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : We want our guests to love visiting our pubs, bars and restaurants. So, if you can make it special by providing a friendly face from the moment a guest walks in, we want to speak to you. You don’t even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, alongside your training, you will enhance your service and communication skills and become more confident along the way. Not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments and making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
• Help create a warm, friendly and welcoming environment
• Present our food and drink products perfectly
• Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
• Identify the needs of the guest to make every guest feel valued
• Responsibility for cash and company stock
• Be part of great team moments
• Show an appetite for personal development and learning
• Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
• A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
• 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
• A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
• Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
• Feedback sessions to discuss progress
• Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
• 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
16-17 years old - £4.35 an hour
18-20 years old - £6.15 an hour
21-24 years old - £7.70 an hour
25+ years old - £8.21 an hour
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hrs + p/w Incl. Evenings, Weekends & Bank Holidays
Weekly Wage : £184.50
Application Deadline Date : 01/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 08/07/2019
Personal Qualities : o Passion –An interest in food certainly helps
o Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
o Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
o Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
Skills Required : None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
• Instant Cineworld tickets for £5.50
• 10% discount at Costa and Cafe Nero
• 10% discount at Topshop.
• Refer a friend and receive up to 1k!
• 33% meals at any M&B sites (+5 guests – Use as often as you like)
• Pension scheme
• Dental plan
• Become a shareholder (after 1 year employment)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• A range of benefits are available by registering at www.pickaperk.co.uk (Register with employee ID)
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
Things to consider : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
The map below shows the employer's location