Job Title : Apprentice Cinema Team Member in Cineworld - Dover
Employer : Cineworld - Dover
Location : Dover, Kent, CT16 1QD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-44153
Vacancy Short Description : Do you love the cinema? How about a fast-paced sociable work environment? Cineworld - Dover is introducing a fantastic opportunity to gain your apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Start on a fantastic apprenticeship salary, see all the latest films and gain your Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
This training is suited to anyone looking to grow a career in the customer service industry,working directly with customers & team members on a daily basis and displaying passion and enthusiasm for delivering the best service possible, as well a clear passion for films and cinema.
Candidates will need to demonstrate their exceptional communication skills, ability to deal with a variety of situations & potential customer issues, the ability to think on their feet and use initiative as well as ask for support when needed. Building good relationships and rapport with various people will be vital to the role so the ideal candidate will be confident, approachable and engaging with a positive attitude.
Passion for Customers – You will:
• Provide a superior standard of service to our customers by monitoring behaviour, serving pleasantly, promptly, efficiently, managing queues effectively and having appropriate customer service telephone etiquette.
• Guide customers to their seats where necessary; following the correct ticket verification procedure including Unlimited card holders and ensuring every person who enters the cinema has a ticket.
• Liaise with Cinema staff and management where appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the business.
• Respond to verbal customer complaints/queries immediately, where appropriate advising direct appropriate person.
• Be knowledgeable about the cinema i.e. services and facilities.
• Ensure all communication via radios is appropriate, clear and concise and where applicable the cinema code words are used.
• Provide information on performance start and finish times, films synopsis and film classification.
• Be aware of the policy towards film piracy within the cinema.
• Be aware of all film classifications and identification procedure.
• Ensure all lost property is correctly delivered to the appropriate area.
• Monitor and patrol the auditoria’s for piracy, picture & sound quality, temperature, customer disturbance and any H&S issues.
Driving Sales – You will:
• Work effectively using the correct upselling and suggestive selling techniques.
• Be aware of current marketing promotions and assist as required.
• Sell box office tickets and retail products correctly and follow correct cash handling procedures.
• Assist with stock take as required.
• Ensure all wastage is correctly recorded by following the wastage procedures.
• Keep all retail products stocked sufficiently adhering to First In, First Out (FIFO) process, making sure that there is clean and efficient presentation of all products.
Health & Safety – You will:
• Follow the Food Hygiene Regulations and Health & Safety Policies.
• Work efficiently using all pieces of equipment (you have been trained on) correctly and with care.
• Inform management immediately of any breaches or issues within Health & Safety.
• Help monitor maintenance or repairs advising the relevant people of any issues immediately.
• Open and close all areas, ensuring the relevant check sheets are adhered to.
• Undertake cinema cleaning activities including cinema, toilets, back of house areas, auditoria’s, cinema seating, all front of house areas and emptying and removing of rubbish as required.
• Keep informed about business changes by attending staff meetings, reading staff notice boards and asking questions where appropriate
• Adhere to all current policies and procedures.
• Work along side the projection management team as per their instructions.
* As applicable; for further information please speak to your General Manager
• On all areas you may also complete other ad–hoc duties as required
If this sounds like the Apprenticeship for you - Apply Now!
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 25 Hours Per Week minimum - Will include various shifts
Weekly Wage : £131.25
Application Deadline Date : 11/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/04/2019
Personal Qualities : Energy and enthusiasm and a passion for films and delivering a premier customer service experience.
Skills Required : • Apprentices must be approachable and friendly in order to work within a customer facing environment.
• Good Customer Service attitude.
• Communication skills.
• Team working skills.
• A helpful and enthusiastic attitude
• Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances
• Resourceful and able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : Good development and succession programme in place with potential to stay on and continue to progress with further training.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment
The map below shows the employer's location