Job Title : Apprentice Administrator - Lifeways - Community Care - Sunderland
Employer : Lifeways - Community Care - Sunderland
Location : Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR6 0QA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-44167
Vacancy Short Description : Do you consider yourself to be a friendly, outgoing person? Lifeways are a company providing care and support to people in the community. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team as an Apprentice Administrator to support the smooth running of their busy office in Sunderland!
Administrator to support the smooth running of a busy office in Sunderland for a Company providing care and support to people in the community.
Qualifications Required : Appropriate professional qualifications and minimum of two years related work experience. Mastery of Microsoft Office including excel, word, access and outlook preferred.
Vacancy Full Description : Job Purpose:
- Perform clerical and administrative duties and operate office systems and machines.
- Order and maintain inventory and maintain accurate records of all site supplies.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, contracts, carer payroll information, billings, spread sheets, regulatory and referral agency documentation and other administrative documents.
- Process invoices and reimbursements as assigned.
- Utilise word processing and spread sheet equipment and standard office machines.
- Receive and refer visitors and telephone callers.
- Maintain staff diaries as instructed.
- Copy, maintain and forward records of personnel, expense requests and other forms to head office as assigned.
- Enter data, prepare reports, maintain records and file documents.
- Assist with Human Resources related tasks including employee accruals, payroll, filing and updating of office personnel records, coordinate personnel record information with Human Resources.
- Assist with Client Record related tasks including monitoring and maintenance of complete and orderly client records.
- Manage petty cash fund as assigned.
- Monitor inventory and order necessary supplies.
- Complete other duties reasonably assigned.
This is not an exhaustive list of activities, and the appointee may be asked to undertake other duties as specified by the Area Manager.
There may be opportunities in the future to progress as the company continues to change and expand.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 per week
Weekly Wage : £146.25
Application Deadline Date : 29/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/06/2019
Personal Qualities : - Friendly and approachable
- Strong work ethic
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Good team player
Skills Required : - Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to work in a face pace office
- Ability to handle a number of tasks and priorities
Future Prospects : There may be opportunities in the future as the company continues to change and expand.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Lifeways is a very busy office with a number of demands on administration, the successful candidate needs to be hard working and conscientious.
The map below shows the employer's location