Job Title : Iceland Supervisor Apprenticeship
Employer : Iceland Stores - Runcorn - Granville Street
Location : Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1NE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-44787
Vacancy Short Description : A successful, growing, award winning business; Iceland are looking for candidates with outstanding potential to start their Apprentice Supervisor Programme. Supporting our Store Managers in all aspects of running the store – motivating the team, making sure the right stuff is on the shelves and keeping everything ship-shape behind the scenes – if you can juggle lots of different things at once, this is the right kind of place for you.
Qualifications Required : You must have previous experience within a leadership role within retail or hospitality.
Vacancy Full Description : We are looking for someone that is keen to learn, develop & apply the technical & behavioural skills required in order to successfully complete the apprenticeship programme and provide an excellent service and store standards at all times through the in store team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with leadership and retail experience to build a career with one of Britain’s fastest-growing, and most innovative retailers whilst working towards their Retail Team Leader Level 3 Apprenticeship.
This is a 12 month apprenticeship and at the end of the programme you will move into an Iceland Supervisor position.
Salary - £17,000
Day to day duties:
1. DRIVING SALES
• Actively promote bestselling lines and key products and ensures stock is available across all ranges
• Accurately implement cycle and phase changes to drive customer offer in store
• Drive all additional customer focussed services and home delivery offering in store
• Maintain availability levels across all departments prioritising off sales and low levels
• Manage the Sight of Inventory system to maintain accurate stock levels in store
• Maintains accurate forecasting levels for products to drive sales
2. GIVING GREAT SERVICE
• Regularly observe colleague interaction to provide individual feedback
• Provide, and train others to deliver, a great experience to our customers
• Take all necessary action to provide a fast and efficient service all day in store, on line and home delivery
• Accurately complete date alerter to ensure all product on sale is legal
• Ensure correct fill levels and temperatures in store
• Right at Night operation is fully implemented to ensure full and clean offer for the customer
3. BEING PRODUCTIVE AND EFFICIENT
• Accurately use scheduler to ensure service levels are provided within budget
• Adhere to, and correctly implement, shopfloor and home delivery processes, policies and procedures
• Drive an accurate till operation by colleagues in store to reduce risk and loss
• Adhere to, and correctly implement shopfloor and stock processes, policies and procedures
• Conduct relevant investigations into stock loss to minimise future loss
• High standards of stockroom / coldroom / chiller housekeeping to drive efficiencies
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Shift work
Weekly Wage : £327.00
Application Deadline Date : 02/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Keeping positive, even when things get tough
Skills Required : - Helping the team by providing support, guidance and communicating on a day to day basis
- Finding out how you, and the team can improve
- Help develop the team so they can deliver what they need to
- Take ownership of the performance of the store team when running the store
- Help others with the changes required and support them through those
Future Prospects : A full time role as an Iceland Supervisor
Training to be Provided : Retail Team Leader Level 3 Standard
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location