Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Employer : Happy Nest Nursery - London
Location : London, London, E2 8LR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-45252
Vacancy Short Description : Do you want to start a career in childcare? An exciting opportunity has opened up at Happy Nest Nurseries London. You will be working alongside other members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment to encourage children to learn
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : Happy Nest Nurseries aims to support apprentices by providing work based experience along with guidance and support. Apprentices will work alongside the nursery staff team, apprentices must be with a qualified member of staff at all times they will never be solely responsible children and they must adhere to the leadership of the nursery manager.
Job responsibilities include;
• Providing the children with a safe, secure and home-like environment
• Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers, carers and senior staff
• Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of the age group
• Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
• Have excellent organisation skills
• Demonstrate a proactive approach using initiative and showing resilience to take responsibility for getting things done
• To support and promote diversity and equality
• To develop a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Minimum 30 Hours per week Monday - Friday
Weekly Wage : £156.00
Application Deadline Date : 24/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 02/03/2020
Personal Qualities : In addition, you will need to be flexible and creative, with the commitment to provide first class childcare. All staff and volunteers are expected to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding children and young people within their work.
Skills Required : • To demonstrate enthusiasm
• to demonstrate passion for childcare
• To be reliable
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Certificate (children and young people’s workforce)
• Functional Skills in English
• Functional Skills in Maths
• Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a DBS and provide two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
The map below shows the employer's location