Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Hallmark Hotel - Gloucester
Location : Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL4 6EA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-45531
Vacancy Short Description : If you have a passion for food and enjoy cooking, this is the perfect career for you!
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join the team as an Apprentice Chef.
You will be responsible for assisting in:
• The preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim to delivering an excellent customer experience.
• You will also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the head chef.
• You must have a passion for cooking and possess a desire to learn and develop new culinary skills.
• You will have a good working attitude and enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment.
Apprenticeship Programme Benefits -
• Work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
• Achieve a Nationally Recognised Standard.
• Benefit from Coaching and Mentoring from Industry Professionals.
• Enhance your career prospects.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours Shift Work
Weekly Wage : £150.00
Application Deadline Date : 26/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
You must have a passion for food!
Skills Required : • Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• A good work ethic and helping others in the team.
• Being able to multi-task and prioritise work.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The map below shows the employer's location