Job Title : Apprentice Healthcare Assistant
Employer : Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust - King Edward VII Hospital - Windsor
Location : Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3DP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Healthcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-46177
Vacancy Short Description : Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust are looking for driven and enthusiastic candidates to work towards their Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship L2 and be a part of a dynamic and busy team at King Edward VII Hospital.
The candidate will work closely under the supervision of a competent healthcare professional, to provide care to patients within the community and support to carers.
Qualifications Required : GCSE English and maths at grade C plus or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Vacancy Full Description : Responsibilities include:
• Assist the nursing staff in achieving a high standard of care that promotes the health and wellbeing of patients.
• Participate in the nursing care of patients under the direction and supervision of a registered Nurse or other Health Care professional including Health Care Assistants.
• Show respect with regard to the dignity of all patients/carers at all times and during all placements.
• Report any accidents or incidents of any kind to the nurse in charge promptly.
• Respect the confidential aspects of his/her work and not divulge information gained about patients/carers to any unauthorised person or authority.
• Communicate effectively and liaise with all health care staff as appropriate, both verbal and written.
• Participate in handover and other meetings as required within each placement.
• Participate in clinical supervision and show evidence of reflective practice.
• Recognise the needs of family/carers: give them encouragement and support and ensure their concerns are reported promptly to the Nurse in Charge.
• Ensure accurate collection of data and entry of data as per Trust Policy.
• Participate in clinical duties when assessed as competent to perform those duties.
• Prioritise workload appropriately with due regards to the requirements of patients/ carers and service.
• Assist in supporting the rehabilitation of patients.
• Assist with ordering of supplies and keeping environments clean and tidy.
• Undertake work experience in other settings e.g. Ward, Clinics to gain a broader understanding of a cross section of healthcare environments.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week. Shift work, early starts and late finishes.
Weekly Wage : £187.50
Application Deadline Date : 05/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 24/07/2019
Personal Qualities : We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual keen to learn and progress, looking to launch their career within care.
Ability to work with limited supervision but seek advice when appropriate.
Empathy for caring for others and understanding how to treat patients with dignity & respect.
A track record of high levels of attendance and Punctuality.
Skills Required : Previous experience of working or volunteering within a care environment.
Competent to process basic tasks accurately following instructions.
Respect for confidentiality is paramount.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Healthcare Support Worker L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location