Job Title : Apprentice Sales Adviser - Schuh - Marble Arch
Employer : Schuh - Marble Arch
Location : London, London, W1C 1LA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-46180
Vacancy Short Description : Do you find it easy to build relationships with anyone you meet? Do you get excited seeing new styles and inspiring fashion? Schuh have an opportunity for you to earn while you learn, in a role that will let you use both these talents.
Qualifications Required : GCSE English and maths at grade C plus or equivalent
Vacancy Full Description : Retail is a fantastic path to start your career within the service or fashion industry. We need you to be a fun-loving, chatty sort who values customer service as much as we do. It wouldn’t work otherwise, would it?
We love people who strive to be the best they can be and who take pride in what they do. Whether it’s making sure your section of the shop looks the BEST, unpacking the delivery quicker than you did last time or being the friendliest and most efficient cashier ever. We’ve got a thing for a bit of ambition and hunger for hard workers.
Your role will be based within a busy schuh store. You will be providing excellent service by delivering the schuh customer service values, and be part of a team that maintain high standards of presentation & display; and efficiently handle stock, cash and administration.
You will learn how to:
• Deliver service that meets our customers’ individual needs & always exceeds their expectations. Show personality & choose the right attitude in order to deliver unrivalled service.
• Care & respect customers & your colleagues.
• Acknowledge & greet customers and be aware of them at all times. No matter what else you may be doing customers are our primary focus, listen to what every customer wants and always be happy to help.
• Move fast & react quickly to customer needs including telephone queries.
• Politely deal with customer complaints and make customer led decisions to help to find the right solution.
• Acquire a sound knowledge of the product range including features & benefits. Show the customers what you know.
• Always offer alternatives when the customer's first choice is not available and promote complimentary or additional items.
• Positively promote the Company’s customer order service remembering that we want to make the sale.
MERCHANDISING & DISPLAY
• Acquire a sound knowledge of store layout and merchandising techniques.
• Merchandise and present products on all types of fixtures considering Company guidelines and best use of ticketing and graphics.
• Ensure all display products are priced correctly, kept clean, tidy and replenished at all times.
CASH HANDLING & ADMINISTRATION
• Process sales and understand Company procedures for accepting all types of payment and all necessary administration.
• Understand the correct method for processing refunds and exchanges in accordance with the Company refund policy.
• Receive, unpack, check and put away stock deliveries quickly.
• Carry out stock counts and implement price changes quickly and accurately.
• Organise the transfer of stock to other locations, completing the correct paperwork/admin.
• Ensure all stock is stored properly & safely and stockrooms are kept clean & tidy.
• Take action to observe security procedures and minimise stock loss.
• Know the store sales plans & other key targets.
• Make suggestions to improve store performance.
• Be aware of best and worst selling lines and give feedback on product.
• Know the competition.
• Understand and comply with the Company's Health & Safety policy and procedures.
• Understand and comply with all other company policies including Dignity at Work & Social Media policies.
• Carry out further duties as required by Store Management.
This is an overview of some of your potential everyday tasks.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 Hours Per Week minimum - Will include various shifts
Weekly Wage : £273.75
Application Deadline Date : 09/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 16/07/2019
Personal Qualities : You will be super reliable, enthusiastic and ambitious with a get-up-and-go attitude.
Skills Required : You should have excellent communication skills with the desire to work in a team environment. You will be organised and confident with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Retailer L2 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location