Job Title : The Pret Apprenticeship - Hospitality Team Member Apprentice
Employer : Pret A Manger - London
Location : London, EC4R 9AN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-46355
Vacancy Short Description : Pret A Manger are looking for driven and motivated apprentices to join their programme at sites all over the London area.
The Pret Apprenticeship
Grow, Evolve and Excel into management on the Pret Apprenticeship, taking you from Team Member, to Team Leader… and beyond!
Your initial 15-month journey on the Pret Apprenticeship will build your confidence and develop your life skills, whilst preparing you as a future leader and manager in Pret. The Pret Apprenticeship provides in-depth training, coaching and support to develop you from a Team Member in a shop, learning about our ‘best-in class’ customer service, preparing high-quality food, being an excellent team player, and developing your knowledge of Pret and the wider hospitality industry, through to long-term career progression to become a Team Leader and then a Manager. As your confidence grows, so will your skills and progression!
Qualifications Required : At Pret our values are very important and so we recruit on behaviours instead of qualifications. There are no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required.
Vacancy Full Description : Here’s why you should consider a career in hospitality:
Earn a starting salary of £15,200 - £15,700 per year, the same as our Team Members. No reduced apprentice pay rates here!
• Start your career with a brilliant team to support you every step of the way
• Receive nationally recognised apprenticeship training whilst being a permanent member of Pret's team
• Become an expert on providing ‘best in class’ customer service
• Experience our enhanced programme attending special ‘Experience Days,’ coming together as an apprentice community, you’ll learn how you can make a difference to the environment and get involved in Pret’s digital transformation
• Be part of a community of apprentices, all supporting each other and having fun!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
At Pret our values are very important, and we recruit based on qualities and behaviours instead of qualifications. There is no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required. We are looking for apprentices who share, live and breathe our values:
• Happy Teams, Happy Customers – Passionate and happy to work and learn within a team, - and always being kind, honest and generous with customers
• Amazing Standards Every Day – Taking pride in high standards of customer service and showing great execution and accuracy in all that you do
• Never Standing Still – Anticipating what our customers may need and always looking to do and learn more
• Doing the Right Thing – Sharing a care for customers, teams and the wider community, including the homeless
You will demonstrate these behaviours:
• Clear Communication
• Team Work
• Great Execution
If you aspire to these values and behaviours and can show us why they are important to you, that’s a great start to being part of Team Pret!
Here’s some more information about the Pret Apprenticeship and the perks:
The Pret Apprenticeship
• Grow as a Team Member: Immerse yourself in the workplace on a hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Programme. You’ll also attend five Experience Days and complete a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard in your first 15 months
• You’ll get to choose your pathway, depending on whether you prefer food preparation in the kitchen or coffee-making as a Barista front of house. You’ll learn about customer service and coffee skills, or food production and safety in the kitchen, helping you to specialise in a role that suits your passion
• Evolve as a Leader: In your second 15 months you will progress to take on supervisory responsibility in a Pret shop, growing your leadership skills as well as confidence and knowledge of the business. You will complete a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship as well as have access to enhanced learning through Pret’s Training Academy and Experience Days
• You will have the opportunity to progress to an Assistant/ Manager in Training, whilst completing a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship Standard. You can then, if motivated and identified as accelerating talent, have the opportunity to complete up to a BA Business Management Undergraduate Degree at Manchester Met University, fully funded by Pret
You can step on or off the programme annually, upon graduation. This means you can develop your career with Pret at your own pace. If you have the motivation and passion, there is opportunity to develop an excellent career in hospitality and management at Pret.
• We pay between £8.40 and £8.65 per hour (depending on your location); a salary equivalent of £15,200 - £15,700
• An additional weekly bonus of £1 per hour based on mystery shopper results (after passing an initial 12-week probation)
• Free food when working (and a 50% discount in Pret shops when you’re not)
• A permanent contract to be part of Pret’s team with no end date
• Outstanding training and development (access to Level 2, 3, 4 and Degree level apprenticeship programmes, designed to support your career development from Team Member to Manager of your own Pret shop)
• Weekly pay and paid breaks
• Support with travel expenses on public transport (after passing an initial 12-week probation)
• 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
• Apprentice Extra card with student discount rates
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Pret pension scheme
• Regular team events and parties
• £100 cash rewards for wowing our customers
And most importantly, you’ll be joining the Pret family where we have fun and look after each other, with plenty of ‘Joy of Pret’ social events and activities on offer throughout the year!
To find out more about Pret please go to - https://www.pretjobs.co.uk/about-us
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : You will be expected to work some early mornings, late finishes and weekends.
Weekly Wage : £294.00
Application Deadline Date : 02/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 09/03/2020
Personal Qualities : • Business sense
Customer focused, competitor aware and ability to maximise business opportunity
• Open to change
Flexible, keen to learn and positive
Skills Required : • Passion
Drive, Enthusiasm, Pride
• Clear Communication
Clear, Appropriate, Listening
• Team working
Helpful, Sociable, Respectful
• Great execution
High Standards, Well Planned and Efficient
Future Prospects : Years 2-3
- Evolve as a Leader: You will step up to take on supervisory responsibility in a Pret shop, growing your leadership skills as well as confidence and knowledge of the business. You will complete a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship as well as have access to enhanced learning through Pret’s Training Academy and Experience Days
- Apprentices have the opportunity to take on supervisory responsibility in a Pret shop, by completing a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Standard growing your leadership skills, as well as confidence and knowledge of the business.
Year 4 onwards
- You will have the opportunity to become a Pret Shop Manager, whilst completing a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship Standard. You can then, if motivated and identified as accelerating talent, have the opportunity to complete up to a BA Business Management Undergraduate Degree at a recognised UK University, fully funded by Pret.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member L2
Functional Skills in Maths and English
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : You will be expected to work some weekends, evenings and early mornings (from 6am in some shifts)
The map below shows the employer's location