Job Title : Administrative Support Apprentice
Employer : Careers Support Centre
Location : Bristol, BS16 2QQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-46849
Vacancy Short Description : We want fun, enthusiastic, confident and passionate people who are not afraid of hard work. You will be supporting the Careers Support Centre in our Young Carers Team!
Qualifications Required : • GCSE Maths
• GCSE English
Vacancy Full Description : A carer is someone who provides support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems. All the care they give is unpaid.
A carer could be a spouse, partner, parent, sibling, child, friend or any other relation. Anybody from any background and of any age can be a carer and each carer’s experience is unique to their own circumstances.
Just as the reasons why someone becomes a carer vary greatly, the variety of tasks that a carer takes on can be broad. They can include practical tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing up, ironing, paying bills, financial management and engaging appropriate services; personal care such as bathing, dressing, lifting, administering medication and collecting prescriptions; and emotional support such as listening, advocacy, problem solving, motivating and companionship.
Taking on a caring role can mean facing a life of poverty, isolation, frustration, ill health and depression. Many carers go unidentified until many years into their caring role and the majority struggle alone unaware that help is available to them. Families affected by illness or disability are facing tough times at the moment and it has never been more important that they know their rights.
- Answer the telephone, take messages / update relevant systems where staff member is unavailable
- Assist with photocopying and filing as required
- Assist with mail outs and forwarding email enquiries
- Assist with the maintenance of various record keeping systems and databases, for example CSC’s case management system Charity Log
- Assist with the coordination of our ‘Free Family Days Out’ scheme
- Liaise with families and professionals, as requested by the line manager
2. Young Carer Activity Support
- Assist the Coordinator in organising and preparing for young carers events and activities
- Assist in supporting staff and volunteers with administration connected these [events and activities]
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CSC’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post, as agreed with the Young Carers Service Manager or members of the Senior Management Team.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week not including 30 minutes unpaid lunch break.
Weekly Wage : £146.25
Application Deadline Date : 08/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/08/2019
Personal Qualities : • Willingness to develop the ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, and prioritise own workload
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Willingness to learn about the issues young carers face and the variety of services on offer for carers of all ages provided by CSC.
• Ability to establish good working relationships with customers, staff, volunteers and external agencies
• Ability to engage with and form appropriate relationships with young people
• Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in practice
Skills Required : • Computer literacy and ability to self serve in administrative tasks
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Some experience and understanding of children’s needs
Future Prospects : N/A
Training to be Provided : Business Administration L2
Functional Skills in English Functional Skills in Maths Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.)
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location