Job Title : Support Worker Apprentice - Springfield House - Gloucester
Employer : Choice Care Group - Springfield House - Gloucester
Location : Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 5JZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-48535
Vacancy Short Description : Do you enjoying helping people and making a positive impact on people’s lives? Then this support role with Choice Care Group may be the role for you!
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : Responsible To: Operations Manager
Job Purpose: To provide high quality support, in line with the philosophy and policies of the agency
Contacts: Individuals and their families, Care Managers, GP’s, and other Health/ Social Care professionals
• Giving personal care, cooking, teaching, going out on excursions, watching TV, playing games etc.
• Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
• Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
• To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
• To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
• To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
• To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
• To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.
• To use initiative in making the best use of all available resources in the home, to meet the needs of each service user.
• To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment.
• To look after the general appearance of the house and report any defects to the senior staff member on duty.
• To ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
• To participate in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
• To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Homes Manager in times of emergency.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates the main aspects attached to this post. It may be reviewed and amended at a future time after discussion with the Manager and staff of the homes, to take into account any changes in Company or Government Policies.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 30 hours Shifts TBC
Weekly Wage : £210.00
Application Deadline Date : 08/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/10/2019
Personal Qualities : You need to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry.
Have adaptability and flexibility
To be professional at all times
Have a positive attitude
Skills Required : Must have good communication skills — listening, speaking and writing.
Be able to work as part of a team
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care
Functional Skills in English and Maths
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Workbook (ERR)
Personal learning and thinking skills
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location