Job Title : Fitness Instructing Apprentice
Employer : Crook Log Leisure Centre - Bexleyheath
Location : Bexleyheath, London, DA7 4HH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49342
Vacancy Short Description : Want to earn while you learn? Are you aged 16+, not in full time education and interested in a career in fitness? Then a Fitness Instructor Apprenticeship with Crook Log Leisure Centre is perfect for you!
Qualifications Required : No qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : An apprenticeship will allow you to gain relevant work experience and allow you to earn while you learn!
A variety of duties including:
- Developing and delivering exercise sessions
- Increasing membership sales and promotional activities
- Aspects of reception work (Answering phone calls, emails, face to face enquiries from members)
- Mentor Manager: Monthly 'catch up's to support development and review areas of responsibility on the job performance
- Daily Learning: Live on the job experience in running a busy health and fitness area
- Social Media: Inclusion in the social media annual plan and encourage regular participation and innovation
- And much, much more that will allow you to work with experienced staff gaining essential practise skills!
What will you gain:
Level 2 Gym Instructor Qualification
Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT
The position is also subject to a successful DBS check.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £200.00
Application Deadline Date : 14/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 21/01/2020
Skills Required : Energetic, enthusiastic, customer focused individuals.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time position
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise and Fitness Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location