Job Title : Business Administration Apprentice
Employer : Skribes Inventory Specialists Ltd - Birmingham
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 1QP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49857
Vacancy Short Description : Skribes are Birmingham’s leading Independent Property Inventory Management Specialists. We are on a mission to take Property Inventory Management out of the Stone Age and into the Digital Age…Would you like to join us?
We protect both the income of landlords, and deposits of tenants with our range of property reports. Skribes use digital technology & exceptional customer service to make it easier and faster for Letting Agents and Landlords to gain relevant information about their properties and get their properties ready for the next tenant to move in quicker, saving them time and money.
We are looking for people to provide our full range of digital reports and conduct property inspections.
The Apprentice will need a keen eye for detail to spot things within the properties in order to produce accurate reports. The Apprentice must be able to produce high quality, detailed and accurate reports, which ensure that our clients are better protected against any deposit disputes that may arise following the end of a tenancy.
Clients benefit from a same day turnaround and as such you need to be efficient as well as effective and will need strong data inputting skills and a fast typing ability.
Our 3-year Apprentice Development Scheme offers great career prospects!
Year 1: Business Administration Level 2 or Level 3
Year 2: Business Administration Level or Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3
Year 3: Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3 or Business Administration Level 4 or other Management Training
Permanent position upon completion. Progression to Management or other Senior positions for Top Performers, suited to their skillset and career goals!
Qualifications Required : • Essential: GCSE English Grade A*- B
• Desirable: IT Grade A*-B, Business Studies/Admin
Qualification/experience and Driving Licence
Vacancy Full Description : You will be visiting City Centre properties and inputting data to produce a range of property reports for Letting Agents and Landlords. Most properties will be empty/vacant apartments and town houses however some may have tenants/landlords present.
You will be on your feet all day, walking around the City Centre, between properties and it is a very active and physically demanding role. Whilst the core of our work is based in the City Centre you will also be required to travel to properties outside the city centre at times.
As a Business Admin Apprentice (Trainee Property Inventory Clerk) your day to day duties include:
• Collecting and returning keys to Lettings Agents
• Producing highly detailed property reports by inputting relevant property data into handheld mobile devices that contain accurate description and supporting photographs
• Obtaining all property meter readings (gas, electric and water) for the days reports
• Using own judgement in order to make sensible decisions regarding actions required during property inspections
• Checking own reports for accuracy and quality
• Completing all reports within agreed timescales
• Meeting Tenants or Landlords at properties occasionally
• Strengthening Customer relations through regular professional communication regarding property inspections face to face, by mobile and email
• Ensuring an excellent Customer experience at all times
• Resolving any customer service issues or queries from customers
• Maintaining regular and consistent attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence of relevant company policies and procedures
Great things to note:
You will always get your Birthday off!!
Company workwear provided
Company ID badges provided
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Saturday, 30hrs per week. Between 8am-8pm
Weekly Wage : £135.00
Application Deadline Date : 31/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/01/2020
Personal Qualities : N/A
Skills Required : • You have a keen eye for detail and always seem to know when something is not quite as it should be. You leave no stone unturned.
• Methodical and logical in your approach to work.
• Excellent use of judgement to consider available information and come to logical, sensible conclusions.
• You have the ability to capture & relay information accurately
• You are active, proactive, detail orientated & articulate
• You enjoy working on your own 90% of the time as well as part of a team
• You have a great attitude, strong interpersonal skills and drive
• You have a great strong desire learn and develop new skills
• Self- motivated with a positive mind-set J
• I.T literate and tech savvy, with a fast typing ability
• Able to stay calm and focused under pressure
• Polite and professional
Are you focused, friendly & looking for a career? Then look no further!!
Future Prospects : Year 2: Business Administration Level or Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3 - Year 3: Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3 or Business Administration Level 4 or other Management Training Permanent position upon completion. Progression to Management or other Senior positions for Top Performers, suited to their skillset and career goals!
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Business Apprenticeship L2
Functional Skills English
Functional Skills Maths
Functional Skills ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location