Job Title : Golf Course Attendant - Apprenticeship
Employer : 1Life - Batchwood Golf Centre - St Albans
Location : St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 5XA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Leisure Operations and Leisure Management - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49894
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity is now available with Batchwood Golf Course & Sports Centre in St Albans. You will study towards your Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations, and work in a dynamic team as a Leisure Assistant, whilst receiving Duty Management training.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Batchwood Golf Course & Sports Centre are looking to take on a new Apprentice Leisure Assistant.
Day to day duties: -
-To promote quality customer care at all times, dealing with minor complaints and reporting serious complaints to the Duty Manager.
- To check the safety of equipment and to report any damage or malfunction of equipment to the Duty Manager immediately after discovery.
- To assist in the preparation and operation of events and activities, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
- To ensure the health and safety of customers at all times.
- To ensure all cleaning duties are carried out as prescribed by the Duty Manager.
- To take account for moneys in accordance with specified procedures.
- Liaise with the managers to focus on ways and ideas to improve the site
. - Organising events
- Golf course monitoring
- Reception cover
- Greeting members and customers
- Answering telephone calls and sending emails
- First aid at work
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours a week inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £150.00
Application Deadline Date : 28/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/12/2019
Personal Qualities : A keen interest in Golf is desirable
Skills Required : Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship.
A keen interest in Golf is desirable
Future Prospects : Possible progression towards further qualifications into a full time job
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations and Leisure Management
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location