Job Title : Telesales Apprentice - Northgate Lighting - Leeds
Employer : Northgate Lighting Ltd - Leeds
Location : Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS13 4ET
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Retail
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49898
Vacancy Short Description : This varied and challenging role will involve becoming the first point of contact for all incoming sales calls both new and existing clients dealing with inbound and outbound sales and business development calls and requires someone who can quickly get to grips with all the products which company sells.
Qualifications Required : Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard in Maths and English.
Vacancy Full Description : Below is a brief outline of the duties of this role.
• Dealing with customers on a daily basis, both in a sales and a customer service role to provide commercially aware quotes to customers using solid business acumen
• Identifying new opportunities within the market place and cold calling for new business
• Increasing the customer base by offering the products to existing customers and making contact with previous customers within the Electrical Wholesale Sector including several buying groups
• Dealing with inbound B2B sales
• Building strong relationships with new and existing customers
• Working to targets including call volume, profitability, value
• Working within a team and managing own work load to provide an effective service to both external and internal clients
• Using CRM system to record details and provide information across the business
• Maintaining and expanding the existing customer database through a CRM NAV system
• Working to targets including call volume, sales volume, profitability and GP%
• Following up on quotes produced
• Learning the product range and being able to prepare customer quotations
• Working with key suppliers to expand industry knowledge
• Other duties as required
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours Mon-Friday.
Weekly Wage : £160.00
Application Deadline Date : 28/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/12/2019
Personal Qualities : Key Attributes for this role
This role will suit you if:-
• You are interested in working directly with customers and will enjoy the challenge
• You have a great telephone manner and able to handle yourself well in any situation
• You like to be part of a team and see results of all your hard work
• You enjoy seeing your over-achievement recognised and rewarded
• You are self-motivated, friendly and have excellent communication skills
Skills Required : Excellent communication and negotiation skills, commercial awareness and focus on building strong relationships with clients will be a great advantage in this varied and exciting role.
The successful candidate will be expected to be confident and possess a clear, precise, friendly telephone manner at all times.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Sales L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : You will be working in a fast paced reactive business.
On competition you will be able to progress on to a Telesales Executive.
The map below shows the employer's location