Job Title : Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Tiny Bubbles Nursery @ Jester's Advenutre Play - Calne
Location : Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 9PL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Childcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49904
Vacancy Short Description : Do you want to start a career in childcare? An exciting opportunity has opened up at Tiny Bubbles Nursery in Calne. You will work alongside other members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment to encourage children to learn.
Qualifications Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your qualification
Vacancy Full Description : Duties and Responsibilities:
• To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
• To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children for parents.
• Contribute towards daily planning ensuring all areas of the EYFS curriculum and characteristics of effective learning are considered as well interests and next steps for key children.
• Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the nursery.
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
• Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
• To attend staff meetings, open days, parent appointments and training outside of working hours if required.
• To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including the undertaking of certain domestic jobs within the nursery e.g. preparation of meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Look upon the nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children.
• To respect the confidentiality of information received.
• To develop your responsibility within the team especially as a key worker.
• Be involved in the preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development.
• Ensure mealtimes are a pleasant, social occasion.
• Wash and change children as required.
• Provide comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of the individual child from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours a week
Weekly Wage : £117.00
Application Deadline Date : 28/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/12/2019
Personal Qualities : You will have the following personal qualities;
Reliable, punctual and trustworthy;
Enjoys being creative;
Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times;
An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families;
Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence;
A willingness to reflect on their own practice;
Demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding;
Demonstrate you have sustained interest in a hobby or activity or been involved in voluntary work in the community.
Skills Required : We are looking for people who have:
The ability to relate and interact with children;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Ability to develop positive relationships with parents, carers and other childcare professionals;
The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions;
Good observation and organisational skills;
A willingness to learn new skills and ability to identify when they need to ask for support;
A reasonable level of IT skills would be an advantage;
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 3
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location