Job Title : Care Assisstant Apprentice
Employer : Christadelphian Care Homes - Olivet - Birmingham
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B27 6AD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Health and Social Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49905
Vacancy Short Description : If you enjoy helping people and want to make a difference to their lives, this is the career for you. Christadelphian Care Homes are looking for a passionate, caring person to join their team.
Qualifications Required : No Qualifications Required
Vacancy Full Description : 1. To assist residents with personal hygiene: washing, showering, bathing, dressing and undressing.
2. To assist residents to access and use toilet facilities, including taking specimens and recording information as required.
3. To enable residents to maintain and improve their mobilty and to use mobility aids.
4. To carry out manual handling in accordance with the published Health and Safety Policy and with reference to the residents’ care plans.
5. To support residents in meeting their nutritional needs and assist residents with eating and drinking, monitoring and accurately recording intake where appropriate.
6. To work with Activities staff to help and encourage residents to take part in daily activities, therapeutic activities (e.g. exercise class) and social activities, enabling residents to lead fulfilling lives.
7. To assist with keeping residents’ rooms clean and tidy.
8. To observe and report any changes in residents.
9. To record the care given to residents.
10. To give and receive verbal reports.
11. To maintain confidentiality of information.
12. To suport residents and relatives on admission or transfer.
13. To contribute to the care of dying residents and to provide care, comfort, privacy and emotional support for their families.
Important Note or Night Care Assistants
Care Assistants nights shifts are waking shifts and staff are required to be awake and vigilant at all times. Certain residents need to be checked during the night, as stated in their care plan. Failure to carry out the required checks and/or sleeping whilst on duty will be regarded as gross misconduct and may result in a summary dismissal.
Number of Positions Available : 4
Working Week : 30-37.5 Hours- shift work
Weekly Wage : £184.50
Application Deadline Date : 24/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 02/03/2020
Personal Qualities : You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team.
Positive attitude towards learning and work.
Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry and be dedicated to working towards your qualification.
Future Prospects : On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location