Job Title : Apprentice Physiotherapy Assistant
Employer : Freddie Farmer Foundation
Location : London
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Healthcare
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49934
Vacancy Short Description : Freddie Farmer Foundation are looking for an apprentice Physiotherapy Assistant to help them in their day to day duties.
Qualifications Required : N/A
Vacancy Full Description : Job Purpose:
• Assist our physiotherapists with duties including setting up equipment and safe handling of children. Follow instructions given at all times.
• Encourage all children when they are exercising, keeping it fun but also appropriate for each individual child’s needs.
• Become familiar with each child to understand and know what their specific needs are/know their limits/diagnosis etc.
• Cleaning and tidying therapy rooms - a clean and tidy working environment is essential.
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment anywhere in the centre .
Number of Positions Available : 1
Weekly Wage : £249.38
Application Deadline Date : 29/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 06/12/2019
Personal Qualities : • You must have a caring attitude, be patient and professional with an interest in helping others and be keen to learn.
Skills Required : • To ensure good communication with patient and carers, demonstrating tact and empathy in all situations.
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Maths and English Functional Skills
Healthcare Support Worker L2
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The map below shows the employer's location