Job Title : Leisure Attendant Apprentice
Employer : Brackley Leisure Centre
Location : Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 6JJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Activity Leadership - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Fitness and Active Leisure
Vacancy Reference : VAC-49995
Vacancy Short Description : Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Brackley Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Brackley Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and be part of a professional, friendly team working in a multi skilled role as a lifeguard and leisure assistant!
A multi –skilled assistant is responsible for delivering an excellent service to all customers within their various disciplines. This includes responsibility for safety of customers in the swimming pool area and dealing with all general and sales enquiries as per procedure. Front line staff are the first point of contact with customers and will need strong communication and social skills.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and the Apprenticeship scheme is provided in conjunction with Lifetime Training, one of the UK's leading Training, Apprenticeship & Recruitment specialists.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed - Ensuring safety in and around the pool
- Keeping the leisure centre and pool clean and tidy at all times to the highest possible hygiene standard
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- To cover reception and deliver excellent customer service
- Delivering effective new member gym inductions
- Ensuring safety within the gym environment
- Showing members how to use machines and equipment within the gym
- The Activity Leadership Multi Skilled qualification will allow you to gain your Leisure Operations Level 2, Gym Instructing Level 2 and National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification.
- To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £200.00
Application Deadline Date : 03/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/12/2019
Personal Qualities : Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Skills Required : Candidates must be strong swimmers and have the passion to want to work within the leisure industry.
Good Communication Skills.
Future Prospects : Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time job
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Multi-skilled Activity Leadership
Functional Skills in English, IT and Maths
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019. ).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location