Job Title : Apprentice Administrator - Human Resources
Employer : Quantum Care - Head Office
Location : Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1TS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business & Admin
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50001
Vacancy Short Description : Are you looking to start a career in Business Administration and want to work with a friendly, professional team who will support your development? The Human Resources Team at Quantum Care are looking for a trainee administrator to carry out the full range of administration duties within the department. You will receive on-the-job-training, support from colleagues, and study for a Level 2 Business Administration in-house.
As your experience and confidence grow you will act as a point of contact between our Residential Homes and the Human Resources Department providing front line support and guidance to staff for key HR activities. You will also be responsible for issuing employment contracts to new starters and variations to existing staff.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required
Vacancy Full Description : General Duties will be:
• To act as a point of contact between our Residential Homes and the Human Resources Department.
• To maintain and administer the HR Department information, ensuring it is up to date and relevant, including updating the intranet regularly with changes relating to HR policies, forms and contact details.
• To monitor the recruitment emails for information on new starter forms and issue offer letters to the potential applicants after they have cleared their pre-employment checks.
• To ensure that all new staff have the necessary health clearances before commencing employment with the Company.
• To respond to reference requests on regular basis for current and ex-employees.
• To ensure Silver Court staff files are up to date with relevant information.
• To administer employment contracts for new and existing employees as well as completing variations to contracts as and when required.
• Provide overall HR administrative support to the HR team.
• Meet and greet visitors to the department.
• Prepare rooms for meetings, including setting up the digital recorder.
• Sort and distribute post.
• Photocopy and distribute disciplinary packs.
• Assist at Recruitment Fairs
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon - Fri
Weekly Wage : £238.00
Application Deadline Date : 07/01/2020
Possible Start Date : 14/01/2020
Personal Qualities : We are looking for:
An understanding of equality and diversity in the world of work
Enthusiasm and being able to build positive working relationship, both internally and externally.
The ability to act with diplomacy and discretion in sensitive situations
Trustworthiness with the ability to deal confidentially with personal information
An appreciation of the needs of older people and their families
The capability to uphold Quantum Care’s core values in all that you do
If this sounds like you then please apply below.
We will be shortlisting on the content of your application and CV and successful applications can expect to be invited to interview week commencing 25 November 2019, for an immediate start.
Closing date for applications is 15 November.
Skills Required : We are looking for:
Good communication skills both verbal and written
Experience in using IT web applications, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and E-mail
An eye for detail and a thorough approach to your work
Future Prospects : On-going training and development, following completion of successful apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Business Admin Apprentice L2
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
The map below shows the employer's location