Job Title : Apprentice Chef - Loch Fyne Restaurant - Winchester
Employer : Loch Fyne Restaurant - Winchester
Location : Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8RZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality
Vacancy Reference : VAC-50015
Vacancy Short Description : Become an Apprentice Chef with Loch Fyne Seafood & Grill – one of the UK’s best known and most successful restaurant companies. We have an exciting opportunity as an apprentice professional chef at Loch Fyne.
Qualifications Required : No previous qualifications required.
Vacancy Full Description : Loch Fyne have over 40 fish and seafood premium casual dining restaurants in the UK. Seen as fish experts by their customers, known for freshness and quality, Scottish heritage and ethical sourcing. They pride themselves on a warm welcome and friendly service, whether it’s lunch with friends or a seafood feast for that special occasion.
They are not just passionate about good seafood, they’re passionate about working with good people too. Loch Fyne are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12month training programmes.
Reach your full potential! The Loch Fyne career pathway is designed specifically to promote development. Learn from their talented team of chefs - a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on experience of working in a professional kitchen. Through their programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4.
Some of the most successful managers within Loch Fyne have worked their way up via the fantastic development opportunities on offer. This could be you! Plus, as part of Greene King, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
• Pay national minimum wage for your age
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Weekly Wage : £177.00
Application Deadline Date : 17/12/2019
Possible Start Date : 31/12/2019
Personal Qualities : • Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Skills Required : • Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Creativity and imagination for food presentation
Future Prospects : Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food Production Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths Functional Skills in English Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information : Greene King pay National Minimum wage for age, including their Apprentices. The current minimum wage rates are £4.35 an hour for under 18's, £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For your information, the current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year, however this is not relevant with Greene King. These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
The map below shows the employer's location